Picking it up..........

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Re: Picking it up..........

Post by Data »

The 650 Dave...very nice indeed. I rode one for work (company bike) when I was in the motor engineering trade and travelled all over the Uk and urop (again for work). Very comfy, and nice and fast. Did around 45k on one of them in just over a year. Used to meet up with German engineers for meetings in Southern France near our office over there, and interestingly they too were riding Burgmans, but usually the 400 version. We staying in the same hotels and spent many days thrashing out problems before going our separate ways. Burgmans ruled! Cool!! Do post often so we can be nosey! :lol:
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Luckydave wrote:Stephen,think I sent you a PM
Incoming reply

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

Good luck with your Burger a worthy machine indeed. icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

Luckydave
Current Ride: Burgman 650 and others

Post by Luckydave »

I must confess to being a Honda lover,would love to be buying a Honda Silverwing with all the features the Burgman has but ........hang on Honda forgot to update the Silverwing and the last model is virtually same as my '02 model apart from having ABS.Had 2 previous Suzukis a new SV1000 and a GT750 Kettle ( only sold it 2 years ago ) had lots of Hondas over the years though.I'm sure I'll like my Burgman and looking forward to many trips away on it next year

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Luckydave......i think i just sent you a pm,the computer does'nt seem to be playing ball at the moment :?

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Dave.....hope the weather stays fine for you Tuesday and that its a smooth changeover,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Luckydave

Post by Luckydave »

Picked new scoot up,went for a spin on it in the rain.Not best conditions but enjoyed a 40 mile ride around the lanes, tried the gadgets i.e. Heated seat/grips/screen and to be honest didn't notice the heat in grips or seat but it was 14 degrees !! and my gloves are heavy winter ones,liked the adjustable screen.Running in period is 1000 miles but no advice on maximum revs,bit of common sense and 4K maximum till 600 ml service.Hoping for some dry roads and will soon get 1k on clock.See you Saturday Steve

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Luckydave wrote:Picked new scoot up,went for a spin on it in the rain.Not best conditions but enjoyed a 40 mile ride around the lanes, tried the gadgets i.e. Heated seat/grips/screen and to be honest didn't notice the heat in grips or seat but it was 14 degrees !! and my gloves are heavy winter ones,liked the adjustable screen.Running in period is 1000 miles but no advice on maximum revs,bit of common sense and 4K maximum till 600 ml service.Hoping for some dry roads and will soon get 1k on clock.See you Saturday Steve
The Heated grips are not brilliant,i already had some Gerbing heated gloves,so i put the cable for them direct from the battery under the seat,i found the heated seat good,proberly not cold enough.I have always been told to keep the Burgman under 4k revs,keep varying the speeds,you'll be able to do 50 mph and still be under 4k revs,i dont often use the power button for overtakes,but i do for slowing down,just in case you didn't know,when you come off the throttle,push the power button and feel the extra engine braking.Give the mannual gear box a try,just to check all is well.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Luckydave

Post by Luckydave »

Will have a play tomorrow.Bikersworld have some rechargeable heated gloves I'll look at tomorrow,4 hours use on one charge but at what cost? Bit of discount available so worth a glance.If it's too cold it'll stay in garage those days are over lol

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

I tried the rechargeable gloves,could'nt get on with them so go my money back,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright