Heated grips

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Dac
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Re: Heated grips

Post by Dac »

I don't think it is ok to buy new grips every year even if they cost 13€ like mine, not to mention Oxford ones for 5x the price :?

Davefirestorm
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by Davefirestorm »

My opinion is that heated grips are a novelty of that don't REALY keep your hands warm and I wouldn't stick them on a bike of mine.My argument with Suzuki is they advertise the bike with heated grips that Suzuki charge £323 to fit so on my new Burgman they should work,had mine replaced on warranty a month ago and they work far better but not as warm/hot as they should be.

Dac
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Dac »

I tried heated grips once and feeling was very nice. It was evening, not warm enough for summer gloves like it was during daytime, bit chilly. Not that I need it regularly, but maybe it can be useful/enjoyable sometimes... I had rides when my helmet visor was freezing (yup, no pinlock) and couldn't feel my fingers, every bit helps in that conditions. Or cold mornings on the way to work, I can imagine it will be nicer.

What I was after was thicker grips. Regular ones are just not comfortable for my hands, which are not huge but still, and this is a big improvement. Also it seems all that material kills some of vibrations, also a good thing. But wouldn't pay hundreds of € for that. Not even 50€. 13€ is ok. :)

stevew
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 400i

Post by stevew »

I have used Daytona Heated grips on many bikes from my Honda Wave 110i up to the Maxsym 400i. Always given superb results in all weathers.
There is a big BUT here though. They are never going to work effectively if you don't break the airflow over your hands with some sort of hand guard (like the ones they fit on adventure bikes now days) Makes a massive difference.
I tend to buy the £12 ones off Ebay and modify to suit.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/pair-of-Unive ... SwTuJYv4Bh
Orpington, UK
2014-Honda Wave 110i
2013-Sym Maxsym 400i