BURGMAN 400 WITH 17GM DR PULLEY VARIATION OF RPM VIDEO AGAINST 21GM STANDARD ROLLERS

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

BURGMAN 400 WITH 17GM DR PULLEY VARIATION OF RPM VIDEO AGAINST 21GM STANDARD ROLLERS

Post by michaelphillips »

Not sure if any burg owners have seen this in contemplation of changing to Dr pulley rollers against their stock 21 gm rollers

this is a very good visual of the certain rpm the scoot is doing at certain speeds, so saw this vid and thought id post as its a general rule of effect for Dr pulley against stock rollers.... JUST TURN DOWN THE VOLUME AS ITS ......

I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Re: BURGMAN 400 WITH 17GM DR PULLEY VARIATION OF RPM VIDEO AGAINST 21GM STANDARD ROLLERS

Post by roadster »

Shows that provided you reduce the weight enough you get faster acceleration at lower speeds but the geometry gives lower RPM once the weights are thrown outwards. The amount of 'overdrive' depends on how far the pulley halves can close up beyond the normal design. On the Suzuki they can clearly go much further although I wonder if the stock rollers were a bit worn and thus not driving the pulley halves together enough.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Re: BURGMAN 400 WITH 17GM DR PULLEY VARIATION OF RPM VIDEO AGAINST 21GM STANDARD ROLLERS

Post by michaelphillips »

yes roadster, the dr pulleys design at higher speeds tends to push the belt on the front pulley slightly higher to the outer edge of the face plates once the rear belt in the clutch pulley is at its max
on take off the belt is gripping in the front pulley more because of the better weight design and again belt trying to rise faster which alters the see saw of the belt in the pulleys, and not clutch slip as you might think.
the suzuki variator face plates must have quite a bit of free space at the outer edge to give such a good reading, a pic of a face plate before cleaning with the standard rollers fitted will show the marks

well thats what i think in my head, my ride has 15.4 gms stock which are a bit worn, so awaiting delivery of my xmas pressy of 14 gms dr pulley, same as what i had in the J300 and these worked fantastic with the dr pulley clutch grab i had in the J300 , cant afford the dr p clutch this time, so the stock clutch will get an overhaul with a stiffer spring come better weather as the contra spring is only £14 against £150 for a hit clutch and will do similar job.
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.