Givi screen

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Luckydave
Current Ride: Burgman 650 and others

Re: Givi screen

Post by Luckydave »

Super Sausage better,too many Hardley at Jacks lol.Saturday 13.00 ish good for me but if your doing a breakfast run Sunday ok for me

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

Richard wrote:Let us know what you feel about it.....reckon it will be my next purchase.
I fitted a large Givi screen to my Burgman when I had one and the problem I had was that at anything over 50 ish, there was a vacuum or depression behind the screen and the faster I went, the more I could feel myself being pulled forward on my seat because of it. Eventually I purchased and fitted a rifle air balance vent and it made the screen absolutely perfect. I remember thinking that if I was still smoking, I could smoke a cigarette behind that screen - absolutely still air at any speed and that has spoilt me for any screen since.

http://rifle.com/Vents-C541.aspx
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Luckydave wrote:Super Sausage better,too many Hardley at Jacks lol.Saturday 13.00 ish good for me but if your doing a breakfast run Sunday ok for me

Yea....sounds good to me Dave,make it 13.00-13.30hrs......i am having breakfast at Cheddington down near Tring,so by the time i've finished chinwagging and bimbled back through the lanes to the Super Sausage,a tea would be good.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Luckydave

Post by Luckydave »

Ok mate I'll see you there Saturday 13.00-13.30.

Luckydave

Post by Luckydave »

Steve_D wrote:
Richard wrote:Let us know what you feel about it.....reckon it will be my next purchase.
I fitted a large Givi screen to my Burgman when I had one and the problem I had was that at anything over 50 ish, there was a vacuum or depression behind the screen and the faster I went, the more I could feel myself being pulled forward on my seat because of it. Eventually I purchased and fitted a rifle air balance vent and it made the screen absolutely perfect. I remember thinking that if I was still smoking, I could smoke a cigarette behind that screen - absolutely still air at any speed and that has spoilt me for any screen since.

http://rifle.com/Vents-C541.aspx
I had a decent ride out on the Burgman today,screen fully up position opened up to 70 mph and thought I was imagining a vacuum pulling me forward.So I wasn't imagining it,weird feeling indeed.
Was fitting the rifle air balance vent a simple job Steve?

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Luckdave is making his new Burgman even more comfortable as he has brought my spare riders backrest,good to meet you again Dave,took a slow bimble back to Northampton after leaving you calling in at Tescos Garage to jet wash the scoot,the gritters were out in force yesterday!!!

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Luckydave

Post by Luckydave »

Yes mate good to meet you again,will stick the backrest on in week.Will get my mates young lady to tidy the back up somehow,if you need zips etc.doing get in touch.While we were chatting that guy talking to my mate photographed us with the scoots and is going to post the photos up somewhere so we may be famous Steve.See you again one Saturday soon.

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Dave

May well get the rear of my riders backrest tarted up,just to make it look a bit more tidy,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Richard
Current Ride: Nss300

Post by Richard »

No mods needed...I like that, I to don't carry pillion....need one.

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

Luckydave wrote: I had a decent ride out on the Burgman today,screen fully up position opened up to 70 mph and thought I was imagining a vacuum pulling me forward.So I wasn't imagining it,weird feeling indeed.
Was fitting the rifle air balance vent a simple job Steve?
From memory, it was really easy. Basically, mark it out (I think it came with a template),drill 4 holes in the corners and cut a letterbox out of the screen using a jigsaw. Then simply bolt the two halves together either side of the screen. Job done.

Looked like this when it was done.

Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i