New front wheel needed.

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
rascaltrousers
Current Ride: Burgman 650

New front wheel needed.

Post by rascaltrousers »

I'm in desperate need of a new front wheel for my Burgman 650 ABS 2007 model. It was buckled hitting a speed bump last September and has been of the road since. Leeds city council refused to pay after a very protracted claims procedure, by which time my insurance had been renewed and I couldn't claim.

I eventually found and bought a pair of wheels from eBay and refurbished them (they look great) but the local dealer has phoned today to say they are pre-ABS and won't fit. If anyone has one or knows where I can get one please let me know. It has been four months now, the longest I've been without a ride in 22 years and it is driving me nuts.

Hope someone can help, and if anyone needs some pre ABS wheels I have a set to sell. Pics on request and price negotiable. :D
Its not the trousers but the rascal inside them that counts. :twisted:

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Re: New front wheel needed.

Post by michaelphillips »

not sure if these are abs ones i suppose you will have to ask... cant find any in uk
one of the pics show a wheel cast number and it has an abs or sensor ring.. sorry dont know much about the 650 but just found this one... needs a sand blast and painting, but price is right

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-Burgma ... 2010463885
think this seller has a few... Lithuania are in the eu so not import duty ....well for now anyways :D
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

rascaltrousers

Post by rascaltrousers »

Thanks. I'd already seen it and messaged him as it happens. I'm going to show the pics to the local dealer who is sorting the bike.

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

Even though your insurance has expired, as it happened during the insurance period that will not affect the fact that it is perfectly acceptable for your insurance company to pay out and pursue the claim. What would happen if someone hit you in their car/bike the day before it expired and they didn't renew?
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

rascaltrousers

Post by rascaltrousers »

Pleased to report that I got a very good s/h wheel from Italy for 60 euros. It arrived in good condition with an almost new tyre. A quick rub down and respray and it looked good enough to go back on the bike which is now back on the road.