Bike lift

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Re: Bike lift

Post by Funkycowie »

I don't think the Tmax has anything like that underneath to be able to do such a mod, I am resigned to the table method and have already started construction of the top.

The design has changed, rather than have the lift on one end it will be in the center.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Funkie, You didn't say what work you wanted the hoist for but just getting the TMax to a reasonable height to work on would make maintenance a lot easier, I know. Have you considered a car hoist? Removing the side panels and tunnel panels reveals the frame and subframe which looks up to the job of supporting the bike. If you recall a bloke on the US Majesty site used one on his TMax to do the valve service. Just an idea.. ;)

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

I could only really justify spending under £150, the lower the better. So rather than getting a table version converting a lift to a table version with all the wood and fittings I have available to me for free seemed like the best option over anything else.

As for use, I am fed up crawling around on the floor every time I want to do some work on it so it will be general use. Raising it on a table avoids any need for lower panel removal which is really the worst part for my knees.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

victor
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman Exec 650 K9

Post by victor »

Thats the one Bern!

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Nothing on the silverwing unfortunately, so I have a bench, it doesn't really get in the way when not in use as I park on it :)
Have wheels, will travel :D

StevenM
Benefactor

Post by StevenM »

cheap idea on ebay 262923520505 may work lol

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

Almost finished the top table frame, have some more wood coming tomorrow for the top surface and other projects. I just need to do the lower simpler frame and then the legs. Then a simple ramp... so I might have it finished by next weekend for its first trial :D
ImageImageImageImage

victor
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman Exec 650 K9

Post by victor »

Been looking after Granddaughter plus jobs that need urgent attention around house, and then work might have few days free next week.

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

I have been side tracked by stuff but this weekend I have powered through and got the all the frame and legs done so have a fully working mechanism. I just need to put a couple of stand off blocks on and the top.

I weigh just under 100kg and have sat, then stood and walked end to end along it. I also got the wife to lift me up whilst I stood on it which was fine. It is rock solid, however the Tmax weighs 215kgs so still going to be nervous on first go. shitting-it.gif

The only downside is, unless I do a lot of work to counter it, the table starts 30 cms off the ground which is 1/3 as much what I wanted maximum. So it will need a longer ramp than I was going to do and it may be tough balancing it on its way up.
ImageImageImageImage

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Funky, if you decide to ride your TMax up the ramp please don't do it like the bloke on youtube loading on his pickup truck.. :D :lol: