Bike lift

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
victor
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman Exec 650 K9

Re: Bike lift

Post by victor »

i was looking at one table top type for £250 on gumtree but it would always be in the way.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

I have decided to get one of these https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke- ... -atv-lift/

after seeing this video... I have all the necessary wood and fittings to create it. Although it looks like he has the lift the wrong end of the table and it could be sturdier especially as that dirt bike likely weighs alot less than a Tmax

ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

thats one job I could never get involved in. Since my woodwork teacher gave me 'six of the best' in 1976, Ive hated the smell of new wood. :lol:
good luck and pics of the project please. ;)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

First part has been bought, a very well made and sturdy piece of kit! Also bought a 12v Clarke impact wrench for £30. I am now £160 lighter in the pocket.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

victor
Benefactor

Post by victor »

Good luck, my woodwork is only good enough for the fire!!

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

Designed it yesterday
Capture.JPG
The Clarke lift plate in itself only comes up to 450mm, so not quite sure how to get around that... add a block or use the guys method but on the middle upright.

Also a ramp to get the bike on it but that will be much simpler and will probably use some roof felt for the ramp surface for traction.

The square bit on top is a metal plate, its the only bit I will have to purchase, it will be for the bike to sit on its main stand rather than dig into the surface.

I may make two sets of chocks to hold the wheels up right.

And there will probably be a way to ratchet trap the scoot down as you get two with the lift.

The ends of the uprights will be rounded off to avoid conflict with the ground or other pits of wood.

The end result may differ, as I have a tendancy to change direction as proceed, but the idea is all there.
ImageImageImageImage

victor
Benefactor

Post by victor »

I've now decided to go down the same route as Ledudes harbour jack modification.

off to fabricators tomorrow!!!

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

"never get involved in. Since my woodwork teacher gave me 'six of the best' in 1976 " Quote Horobags.
Mine caught me sawing wood by moving the wood over my tenon saw which was clamped firmly in the vice. :lol:
"Stop work boys! Everybody gather around. Power has discovered a new method of sawing which he will now demonstrate to the class!!" I think I would have prefered the stick..

I've been thinking for a while now that I need some sort of lift for working on the TMax. I was resigned to paying for and lugging one of those big red table lifts out (I live in a flat) and the problem of finding somewhere to store it.
There are some Seally type table lifts for about 200 to £250 but one of these looks to be easier to store if there was some way of supporting the TMax underneath, without having it on its mainstand and wheels.

Alanzzg
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing

Post by Alanzzg »

I haven't got a mainstand on the Dn01 so i use a trolley jack with a pice of deckink bolted to the jack , and hope it doesn't slip icon_shocked_.gif
Member of The Ugly Bunch -2
Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly,

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

victor wrote:I've now decided to go down the same route as Ledudes harbour jack modification.

There's clever .......... https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vyw ... fc/preview
Have wheels, will travel :D