Wiring Heated Grips

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
dogwheel
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Wiring Heated Grips

Post by dogwheel »

Hi,
I'd appreciate any advice or comments regarding where to connect some heated grips on my '05 Burgman 400. I understand it's best to avoid Oxford ones.
Thanks.

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Re: Wiring Heated Grips

Post by Ralph »

I had the Oxford Wrap's ones on mine powered by a plug just stuck in the power socket ok
for 4 winters, I believe the official ones are powered by piggyback connectors off the brake
light switch.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

To be fair the latest oxford heated grips are a lot better than the originals and my oxford heat up better than my Honda own.

Mist dealers will wire via the headlamp loom (split cable connector) I personally prefer just attached to battery cables (hate cutting into modern wiring looms) but you must make sure you turn them off otherwise when you get back the batteries as flat as a witches tit

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

I have just a set of Oxford grips for the J300, i must say they are a lot better that of the old ( last years model ) grips. They now have water proof connectors, and they advice best fir is to the battery, as they have that voltage sensor built -in so as NOT to flatten the battery if left on ( ye! )
They do look better made as well. I always run mine through a relay to be safe.

Mister Paul
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by Mister Paul »

I've had Oxford grips on a couple of bikes and they've been great. I can confirm that they now switch themselves off if you forget to.

The RG ones are good as well, and pretty cheap.

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

The Oxford ones on my SH are wired direct to battery and that’s it. You can switch them off via the control panel but they sense whether the engine is running and if it’s off for more than a couple of minutes, they switch off automatically. Coming up to my 4th winter with them now. http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/vie ... ated+grips
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

dogwheel
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by dogwheel »

Thanks for those helpful replies, I feel more confident now, tempted to go for Oxford after all!