Center Stand Sensor

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Re: Center Stand Sensor

Post by kayz1 »

I made a rubber sheet mud/crap deflector for all my 650 Burgers.. Cut a flap to fit under the radiator panel at the bottom where the side join it, cable tied on it hung down about 25mm from the ground. No rear punctures and hardly any crap chucked back..But you do have to get into the habit of running the hose pipe around the switch after a winter ride, plus ACF50 after.
Lyn.

OldEssexman
Current Ride: 2017 650 Exec

Post by OldEssexman »

Here's a post on the USA Burgman forum from a guy in UK, Kieran, with a sensible way to prevent the centre stand sensor causing problems. I hope he doesn't mind me sharing it on the UK site.

"HI all, Just got my 2014 650 out on the road today after the snow cleared, And yes you have guest it, the center stand switch got stuck again keeping me in first gear on a road that was to narrow and dangerous to stop I was holding the traffic up in first gear, I managed to stop when the road got wider, I managed to prise the switch pin out, and took the bike home.

If you are like me and want to disengage the switch. My fix is

Take the two center stand switch holding bolts out and move the switch to the left so the right hole on the switch goes in the left hole on the bike, fasten the bolt up tight for the switch, Then put the spare bolt back in the right empty thread, This moves the switch out of the way of the stand.

You can now put it back quite easy in the future if you want
(like if you sell the bike)
PS you can put it in manual on the stand if you want to rev the bike and stay in first gear.
Keep safe. Kieran.
"

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

Lucky not had this issue yet as I rarely use the center stand but after having two Suzukis I agree the build quality is pants. This is the state of the chrome shocks after 2 years riding. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk