Battery replacement 650 exec

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Adyhbris
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Battery replacement 650 exec

Post by Adyhbris »

Hi guys.

I need a new battery on my Bergman 650.

I thought it would be easy to find a replacement but it seems there’s a lot more choice than I thought.

I’m thinking of a yuasa as I’ve read they are one of the better ones, I attach an image of the existing battery and I was hoping to find a part number on it however it’s a different make.

Can someone please tell me what yuasa or similar battery I need ?

Spec:
Year 2015
650 executive

Thanks
Ady
IMG_1293.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adyhbris

Re: Battery replacement 650 exec

Post by Adyhbris »

Adyhbris wrote:Hi guys.

I need a new battery on my Bergman 650.

I thought it would be easy to find a replacement but it seems there’s a lot more choice than I thought.

I’m thinking of a yuasa as I’ve read they are one of the better ones, I attach an image of the existing battery and I was hoping to find a part number on it however it’s a different make.

Can someone please tell me what yuasa or similar battery I need ?

Spec:
Year 2015
650 executive

Thanks
Ady
IMG_1293.JPG

I’ve delved deaper, FTX14bs is my current battery it seems, can I replace it with a YTS14bs?

Thanks

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

Never had a bad Yuasa battery that looks like the right one
measure the one you have H,W,D and see if the size is the same.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Adyhbris

Post by Adyhbris »

Ralph wrote:Never had a bad Yuasa battery that looks like the right one
measure the one you have H,W,D and see if the size is the same.

Thanks Ralph.

Luckydave
Current Ride: Burgman 650 and others

Post by Luckydave »

Go on Halfords website and search by inputting your reg number and if you’re lucky the correct battery will come up and they can often be cheapest source if they have deals on,Motobatt are a good alternative if you don’t mind the colour lol. I personally don’t like the flimsy terminals on Motobatt.That doesn’t look oem battery,what age is your Burger? Battery should last years,if you keep it charged.Beware of cheap counterfeit batteries on fleabay and the like

Adyhbris

Post by Adyhbris »

Luckydave wrote:Go on Halfords website and search by inputting your reg number and if you’re lucky the correct battery will come up and they can often be cheapest source if they have deals on,Motobatt are a good alternative if you don’t mind the colour lol. I personally don’t like the flimsy terminals on Motobatt.That doesn’t look oem battery,what age is your Burger? Battery should last years,if you keep it charged.Beware of cheap counterfeit batteries on fleabay and the like

Thanks Dave.
I’ve eventually found one, Halfords didn’t show anything for my reg and I couldn’t find anything on the web for a direct replacement so I’ve taken a chance on what looked like my original and the specs seem the same, it’s on charge at the moment but I will fit it tomorrow and post on here after just in case anyone in the future has similar problems.

Luckydave

Post by Luckydave »

Yes I searched Halfords site with no joy.Good luck tomorrow and good to post the spec and what you paid for it etc.

Adyhbris

Post by Adyhbris »

Luckydave wrote:Yes I searched Halfords site with no joy.Good luck tomorrow and good to post the spec and what you paid for it etc.

Gulp £62 there are a couple cheaper versions at 12 and 10 amp but the cheapest was around £47 so I thought I’d get the stronger version for longevity.

I’ll post tomorrow with an image.

Luckydave

Post by Luckydave »

Batteries don’t like being drained so keep it topped up with an optimate or similar

Adyhbris

Post by Adyhbris »

Ok.

So new battery fitted and all seems good yay!

Old battery on the left and new Yuasa on the right. Exactly the same size and a very easy job for someone like me who is very poor at anything mechanical.

Cost from Halfords on 24/03/2018 £62

The shape of the box packaging is a little misleading but this is due to the acid being in a container that you add to the battery yourself, again very simple to do as the battery has piercing holes that pierce the tin foil on the 6 in a row acid pots so just place the acid over the battery holes and press, when they are empty simple seal the battery with the bung strip supplied.

Thanks again for your help guys [emoji106]