Anyone got a spare bar end for a 650 lying about? Or recommend a replacement...

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Luckydave
Current Ride: Burgman 650 and others

Re: Anyone got a spare bar end for a 650 lying about? Or recommend a replacement...

Post by Luckydave »

Know what you mean regarding grinding wheels lol.had a few mishaps myself in past.I usually buy few short bits of stainless and aluminium when I go to shows I’ll get some stainless hexagon to make some wheel wheel nuts/spindles at Stafford show.Just bought a bigger lathe to replace my Myford so can be bit more adventurous lol.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Re: Anyone got a spare bar end for a 650 lying about? Or recommend a replacement...

Post by kayz1 »

I have a Harrison L5 in the garage as well, just too much trouble moving years worth of stuff to get to it... :lol:
http://www.lathes.co.uk/harrison/page4.html
Myford s7 is a bit too small but still good...i do find i need more diameter to the spindle thou 5/8th is way too little.
May be my next buy will be some thing a tad bigger.
Lyn.

Luckydave

Post by Luckydave »

I bought a Warco lathe off a mate who’s had it from new but not used it much, 1 5/8” spindle (I always think in imperial lol) nice size and will do for now,would like a Colchester 2000 but more space needed for that.Harrison good lathe I worked on one for 11 years,I used a new Myford Super 7 as an apprentice many years ago lol.Reminds me I have a Myford to sell

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Luckydave wrote: I have a Myford to sell
Advertise it in Engineering in Miniature bud, steam 'buffs' love Myford's
Have wheels, will travel :D

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

What extras does it have that i may NEED :lol:
My Ms7 motor died on me a year or so ago . So i 3 phased it, so much better than single phase. I did the Chester 626 mill first, and it is noticeable how much smoother it is..I do have a set of gears ( Myford s7 ) to cut metric threads..still not tested thou. :lol:

Luckydave

Post by Luckydave »

Just bought a new motor for the Warco,single phase again.The Old one only spins the chuck forwards I believe it could be a dodgy capacitor (there are two) or more likely a duff switch inside.Would make an ideal polisher with the correct direction pigtail mounted.What sized shank tools fit in your toolholder? I have some 25mm shank turning tools and a couple of Jacobs chucks to sell,always on lookout for other tools and tips.I can only screw imperial threads on me Myford never got round to buying the metric gears.I’ve just mounted a smal slab mill cutter in me chuck and reduced the width of a screwcutting/turning tool to centre height took ages lol.Off to Stafford couple weeks which is good for bars of stainless etc. And tools

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

What size capacitor? i have a few here as my mill used to pop them a lot, the big problem with modern Chinese capacitors is that they have a duty cycle on the them ( cheap ) i think they ( unless you can find top quality jobs ) have a cycle rate of about 30 on/off cycles per hour. So if you
do a lot of on/off stuff they tend not to last.
Not needed any more with the 2HP VFD's.

I use 16mm/20mm in the Harrison lathe, and 8mm or 10mm i find best in the Myford. With the 2.5HP motor on the mill 3 phase
i can get away with 20mm cutters if i take it easy :lol:

Lyn.

Luckydave

Post by Luckydave »

I had the option to buy a decent up to date motor from company I visited,they said the Chinese ones were shite :D .Only got a new Chinese’s one ‘cause my mate who I bought the lathe off paid for it.I’ve a few tools to do most things and will reduce the 25mm shank tools to fit the Warco.Milling machine is on my list of tools to get

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

Good grinder you want.. i have a tool cutter/grinder but find it so boring to use i just buy new cutters...waste of a grand...

Luckydave

Post by Luckydave »

I have a decent grinder to grind turning tools,polisher,drilling m/c just need a milling m/c.