Anyone got a spare bar end for a 650 lying about? Or recommend a replacement...

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
scep
Current Ride: Burgman 650 AL0

Anyone got a spare bar end for a 650 lying about? Or recommend a replacement...

Post by scep »

Hi all,

Found the throttle bar end weight of my K10 650 Burgman missing today. Wondering if anyone had replaced theirs and/or had a lonely spare knocking about -- happy to pay a sensible price and P&P (the OEM part is a silly price for what is basically a chunk of metal and a rubber bung :shock: )

Failing that, has anyone found any decent replacements to the OEM ones?

cheers!

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Re: Anyone got a spare bar end for a 650 lying about? Or recommend a replacement...

Post by kayz1 »

I will look in the shed later, i did make a few as it is not an uncommon thing they seem to put too much locktite on them or not enough if any..

scep

Re: Anyone got a spare bar end for a 650 lying about? Or recommend a replacement...

Post by scep »

Brilliant, thanks. (Was my fault, I'd taken it off a while back to fit a throttle tamer and guess I was a bit stingy with the locktite :) )

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

Sorry can't find one, run a ruler over the other one and if i have enough steel bar of the correct size ( or bigger ) i will make you one.
Length, diameter, and the bit that goes into the handle bars...is it just cut straight off or does it have any shape to it, and what size hole down the middle, counter sunk or just tapper for a screw ????
Lyn. PS no longer have a Suzuki to look at.

scep

Post by scep »

Thanks Lyn. I'll have a look tomorrow, you're a star -- cheers!

scep

Post by scep »

Here's the details [Dropbox album] -- the bar end doesn't actually go into the bar, just sits on the end held laterally by a shallow recess. The holding mechanism is typical Suzuki low-tech -- a long bolt that compresses a rubber bung when tightened. Very primitive compared to properly engineered solutions such as Kaoko throttle lock/ RG end weight etc (which is one reason it got lost! :)).

This holding mechanism is botch-able, it's the chunk of metal which is the hard bit for me (without a lathe - your workshop sounds great BTW :)). Let me know if this is doable, what I owe you if it is, or if you need any more info.

cheers
scep

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

Not got any steel 36mm sorry, will go to the lads garage leter today and see if he has a lump.
Lyn.
PS: but it would not be stainless do you have chrome look paint..think that is available now.

scep

Post by scep »

Anything fine by me thanks Lyn -- I'm a function over form chap myself :)

scep

Post by scep »

Update: I've just been offered a second hand one by a local dealer for a decent price, so seems sensible to go with that (saving you hassle and avoiding postage etc). At least the specs are up here if anyone else wants to make one :)

Thanks for the offer of help Lyn, very much appreciated!

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

So we now have a spare, spare, as well... :lol:
Mild steel so i will keep it in the box for when you need another :lol:
Ow! and i only had an R4 radius tool so not 100%
Lyn.