Sat Nav or Phone holder

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
toriaoxford
Current Ride: s-wing 125

Re: Sat Nav or Phone holder

Post by toriaoxford »

Interesting reading, thanks. I was thinking about getting a ball RAM mount so it's interesting to read this. I currently have my satnav in a 'strap navy which is essentially a 'bag' that fits round the handle bars with Velcro - not ideal at all and you can't see the satnav screen very clearly! I wish someone could make more holders for the Burgie's but suspect they won't as it's quite a niche bike!

Dac
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Dac »

Recently I was on a ride with guys from V-strom forum. All adventure type bikes, some went on to other models but they are still a community.
Anyway, I was only one riding a scooter. With brake reservoir RAM knockoff mount, riding on some rough and bumpy roads including bit of gravel, dirt and woods (it was worth it to get to those waterfalls), burgie did it all with no problems, while maintaining their tempo. So did the mount, and I have stiffer forks with one grade thicker oil (10W instead of 5W I think).

So, I think most fears of putting a stress on few screws are really subjective. It passed all my tests, nothing broke and phone was in its place whole time.

Dac
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Dac »

I've read many concerned comments about the weight. When it is a kilo, yeah that's a bit much. YMMW, I guess. Mine carries only one device, smartphone, and find it more than enough for my needs. Waze is a fantastic navigation app, and free (needs to be online). Traffic cameras, accidents, police, accidents, slow-downs... all in real time. :)

This here: http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/vie ... 14&t=20444

Luckydave
Current Ride: Burgman 650 and others

Post by Luckydave »

Agree,I never use my TomTom Rider,Waze for me every time.

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

Well I've got totally fed up with the waterproof case for my Garmin Nuvi. I have to take it out of the case to set it up and then, if I hit a few bumps, the case activates the touch screen and changes the settings. I'm going to use it without a case and wrap some clingfilm round it if it's wet. It's protected by the screen, so shouldn't get too wet.