Burgman Transmition noise

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Burgman Transmition noise

Post by Gerard C »

Hi My Sons Burgman 400 2014 is making a bit of a strange noise. Its almost a knocking from the transmition. My local mechanic thinks it could be linked to the Variator. The pulley weights are showing signs of wear. Has anyone got a suggestions as to the best way forward?
Do we look for a new unit? Do we look at changing the weights? If its the latter then ideally he would like to cut back on the top end revs even at the expense of some acceleration.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Re: Burgman Transmition noise

Post by kayz1 »

Have you had the cover off yet? a knock could come from either end..Rollers/ramp plate at the front or on the one i had the clutch pulley had brocken up..sounded like a big end gone.
Lyn.
PS: you do need to get the cover off and had a good look around as other peoples problems could get you very much upset :lol:

Another thing that knocks is the belt if it has a lump torn and ready to snap....sorry but i did say.

Dogsbody
Current Ride: Burgman 400 Honda C125 400-4

Post by Dogsbody »

Almost certain to be the bearing in the clutch. Mine made strange noises, only 4500 mile on the clock, appears to be a fairly common fault. It's a special bearing so no cheap solution, also no way of lubrication once it is built up. Not a particularly hard job to do, depends on your skills. Dogsbody

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

I was about to say DB but you beat me to it...clutch bearing or very very rarely ( i have done one 13 year old 400 ) out put shaft gear tooth fell off and stripped two other teeth ends..sounded as if the world was coming to an end..