New Engine needed

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Re: New Engine needed

Post by Jimo »

That kinda puts the cap on Burgmans doesn't it, glad to have got rid of my 400 K8!

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Don't know what problem is yet .Maybe fixable just not economical at main dealer hourly rate .Problem with getting used engine its usually out and can't be heard running .If can get one before its removed and do some tests on it safer bet .

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Gerard C wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:02 am My Sons Burgman 400 (14 Plate) has thrown a wobbler and we have been advised to look for a replacement motor. Any suggestions as to where to start searching? We have looked on e bay etc.

Also is there any change in engine design and fixing points etc? Could you put a 2010 in a 20114 frame?

Thanks
So what has it done: thrown a wobbler means very little in the real world Gerard....i mean i very often throw a wobbler myself :lol: :lol:
Gis a clue mate.
Lyn.

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I read they can loose power due to secondary throttle valve not opening but that's fixable.

Luckydave
Current Ride: Burgman 650 and others

Post by Luckydave »

Ask whoever gave you that advice to explain in detail the cause for such drastic action.If a Suzuki dealer/technician get it in writing and contact Suzuki GB suggesting a copy of the document will be sent to all motorcycle related sites publications in UK if they can’t suggest an economical repair