First motorway run!

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

First motorway run!

Post by Snail »

Hi, been to the NEC motor home show today m5 m42, burgman sat at 65mph quite happy and stable indicated 74.6 mpg best I've seen two up, 130 mile round trip, but boy oh boy do I need a better screen, wind buffeting was horrendous, some vehicles create terrible turbulence, but good day out, and few more miles showing around 1750 now, happy with my choice at the moment

Deleted User 7077

Re: First motorway run!

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

Well done .

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

Snail wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:00 pm Hi, been to the NEC motor home show today m5 m42, burgman sat at 65mph quite happy and stable indicated 74.6 mpg best I've seen two up, 130 mile round trip, but boy oh boy do I need a better screen, wind buffeting was horrendous, some vehicles create terrible turbulence, but good day out, and few more miles showing around 1750 now, happy with my choice at the moment
Oh yes, they're really capable. I assume you have the 400. I've had two of them and I only changed to a Maxsym because I wanted more power and didn't want to pay horrendous money (and servicing costs) for a Burgman 650. The mpg you got is normal on a run. I used to get figures in the 80s, though not two-up.

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

If I'd know, you could have stopped of for a cuppa. We are only a mile from M5 J5.

Deleted User 7077

Any thing any good at the show were you tempted to trade up ?

Snail

Post by Snail »

Just a day out really, would have to sell house to change van! Mainly looking at camping gear and accessories, campsite owners in France but none there from normandy. Still to find one who actually returns an email! Will try again after 1st March?
Looking at a Vango omega 350 tunnel tent, but not seen it yet in the flesh, local GO don't have one in stock.
Ray we ought to have a ride soon weather settled at moment, had couple of days last week in FOD campsite in van

Deleted User 7077

Burgman riders UK on Facebook have got "Daks over Normandy "as an event not sure how many going or what accom they are planning.I'm trying to get wife re interested in motorhoming either have to sink some cash into our Talbot or get better one .

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

I went for a little blast to Stratford this morning. Blew the cobwebs out. Next Tuesday looks good weatherwise.

Snail

Post by Snail »

Yes next week looks favourable anytime before March 1st all changes then?

Just been down GO they don't do interstore swaps now so will have to go to Swindon or cribs causeway to look at tent, did buy there budget summer double sleeping bag though for £15! For that price could leave it in France!

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

snail . a great place to see tents is Attwoolls Camping & Ski Shop. on the A38 whitminster ,bristol road out of gloucester . huge place even has a cafe. they have loads of tent to see ,from small to huge great things. and the are on display so you can see what they look like aswell .
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .