Exhaust pipe

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Stumpy 32
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400

Exhaust pipe

Post by Stumpy 32 »

Good morning all. The exhaust pipe on my Burgman (K4) is looking rather sad, that is to say rusty to the point that it may not last much longer. the Silencer seems to be good for many more miles. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a "repair" exhaust pipe? Something that would allow me to cut the rusty section of pipe off the silencer section and clamp on to whats left.
John

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Re: Exhaust pipe

Post by Data »

No, there is no repair kit. You may be able to fashion a front pipe but it won't be cheap. It will need to incorporate the front fixing flange. At least yours doesn't have a lambda sensor. You could try cutting out the rusty bit and getting a new piece welded in. Often this requires so much of the pipe to be cut out to get to good metal that it's not worth it. But you won't know until you try it. Of course, you could just get an aftermarket silencer and pipe. My 2012 400 had quite and expensive silencer to replace. The OEM silencer was £986. Yes, you read that right.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Stumpy 32
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400

Re: Exhaust pipe

Post by Stumpy 32 »

Thought as much! I visited the Classic bike show at Stafford, a guy was selling exhaust pipe sections (pre bent tube) that I can fabricate a replacement pipe from. Prices are reasonable so I will have a go.