Burgman Voltage Regulator/rectifier - location?

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
GTscootz
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Burgman Voltage Regulator/rectifier - location?

Post by GTscootz »

Thought it would be there under the seat bucket...but no. Would it be up front behind the battery?? Pal of mine has a problem with his and his battery seems to overcook, helps if he runs his lights all of the time.

I have the remains of a 99 model in my garage and he is welcome to it..if we can find it of course!!!

Gio
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Re: Burgman Voltage Regulator/rectifier - location?

Post by Gio »

GTscootz wrote:Thought it would be there under the seat bucket...but no. Would it be up front behind the battery?? Pal of mine has a problem with his and his battery seems to overcook, helps if he runs his lights all of the time.

I have the remains of a 99 model in my garage and he is welcome to it..if we can find it of course!!!

Voltage regulator is up by the headlight. Remove the plastic panel situated below the screen and above the headlight to get a view of it and access the connector.

GTscootz
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by GTscootz »

Thanks Gio,you'd like to think after owning pre-K1 Burgers for 11 years I'd know for sure!!! Will remove it tomorrow. Think £20 is a fair price.

baldy
Current Ride: burger 400 k2 BMW 1150gs

Post by baldy »

I'm doing a K2 400 burger at the mo, its a right pain to get to, you will prob have to take off a lot of plastic to get to it, its under and in front of the igntion switch, i think mine has a poor connection and stopped charging yesterday, ive just ordered some new brass connectors and blocks to make sure its not that before i buy a rectifier, i'm going to check the 6 way block connector where the alternator wires exit the engine, and replace those connectors too.good luck.Ive just totally rebuilt mine complete with a powdercoated frame.
Ive got a 400 burger and i'm lovin it.....

Milo.

Post by Milo. »

£20 sounds reasonable.