Silverwing 600

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Re: Silverwing 600

Post by Data »

It's a pleasure Cookie! Fairies don't just go after your teeth either. I know from experience! As for Leprechauns, they don't take offence too easily, but when they do...boy, look out! :o After checking the Silverwing manual, you are seven Leprechaun power at 5000 rpm and they are living in your engine taking care of everything. Best to keep your voice down if you talk about them while on the bike, just in case!! :lol:
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Sylar wrote:My old swing at £2995. the bloody thieves, well it does need, an oil change and two new tyres(they are legal but, i would have changed them but for selling). They only gave me £1,200 for it. Never mind, I've fettled up the new one with my bits and bobs, Just clocked up 208mls coming back from Southport earlier. :o
Price to change.....
You might have got more of a trade in at another dealer but the price of the new one would have been higher.
The asking price at three grand just gives them room to drop the price a bit to close a sale.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

On the face of it, yes, that does appear to be a better deal.

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

As with all dealers its more to do with what you are going to spend rather than the value of your machine . In 97 i tried to trade my then dragstar 650 for a 1300 version at a yam dealer . My machine was mint full of xtras FSH but had 28k on it £1200 quid px , so i went to a HD dealer got a new sportster custom instead . They gave me £2250 for the dragstar and i removed all the xtras at there request and sold them for £1000 . You can win sometimes .

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Hi Chaps, does this look OK? http://www.chrishallmotorcycles.co.uk/p ... 9ovu2NeK95" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it is very local to me.

smeghead
Benefactor

Post by smeghead »

Thanks Meldrew. I'll try to get in at some point but I'm away this weekend. I hope it doesn't sell before I've had a shufty!

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Hmmmmm, you have me considering the Silver Wing now for all the obvious reasons.

I simply am not looking for a large SYM anymore - supply etc.

This looks a nice looking scoot - too far for me to bother with smeghead.

What's with the bloody HP finance plan anyone? In order to 'purchase' the bike the dealers are asking for 'an option to purchase' fee with the final payment being only £186. That doesn't include the feckin' 'acceptance fee'! It all sounds like a BLOODY RACKET these days, just to screw us out of our hard earned.

Anyway, nice looking scoot - I shall do some research myself 8-)

smeghead
Benefactor

Post by smeghead »

Hi Mr Swipe, I didn't look at all the finance bollocks but I've seen these charges before, acceptance fee is one that really pisses me off. As if they won't make enough on the actual APR.

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

When i was in sales, we not only sold the product, we sold the finance as well,as we (the company) got a big kick back from the H.P. companies. In my latest case I paid cash so, expected some discount. It seemed the dealer held all the cards and, in this case i lost out, (in my opinion anyway). However, that's behind me now, I have my new bike and no dealer will be seeing me for a good few years. :)

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

It's complete bollocks smeg :evil: It does make me seethe with the blatant cheek of it.

They expect us to 'pay' for the feckin chance to hand over money, in other words, pay to purchase. Were we born yesterday?

The APR rate alone is enough for me to go elsewhere - the cheeky B'stards! I've a mind to ring 'em up and play 'em along a bit, grrrrrr.

And when you offer cash they don't want to know about discount or a better deal because the sodding stuff gives the dealer no room to screw us over with 'fee this' and 'fee feckin that'.

Arse

Anyway, back to mulling over a nearly new Silver Wing :)