Test rode a GTS 300 Vespa today...

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 4154

Re: Test rode a GTS 300 Vespa today...

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Bluebottle wrote:I've never wanted to own a Vespa
Me neither (although I have had a couple of the classic variety, still got one of them!) but I did develop a grudging respect for Pikey's 200 on the LEJOG trip. Properly tough little scooter that!

pikey

Post by pikey »

I was coaxing it along Jaz as you know ;) ;) ;)

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Thanks guys for the info. Raven, that's one gorgeous looking bike! I like the front flap on the fender. Nice one. You see...all this is making me want to get one even more!! You lot are not helping. My brother in law has already been round on his 'proper motorcycle' wanting to give me a good slapping for even thinking of getting one. But it's had the reverse effect. I want one even more!

Anyhoo... for anyone remotely still interested in this thread, I've been doing a bit more digging on the new 300. I appreciate many of you Vespa aficionado's already know some or all of this but it's worth me posting about it for anyone that doesn't. I've hung out a bit on the Modern Vespa site, and Scooter West, an important Vespa dealer in the states has posted some great information about the new facelift bike. They also do many video's on YouTube about maintenance and engine stripping for upgrades etc. I've put the link below. But in addition it's important to understand the facelift model is the most useable GTS probably ever made. It's been give more mid range power by fitting a new ECU. It's been mapped differently too for fuel and ignition. There are loads of mods that have been made to it compared to the earlier model 300, some obvious but many many that are hidden away under the hood! Take a look here...

Clicky below for Vespa mods:
http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic134266

I'm afraid I have to confess that I spent many hours watching telly with YouTube on, studying the Vespa GTS promotional vids and the many many road tests that are on there of the facelift model. Impressive!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Bluebottle, I've never ever wanted to own a Vespa either. But I started to take interest when James May from Top Gear rode the 250ie and came back saying it was a seriously fast motorcycle! Just never got round to riding one properly. Serviced one once a few years back, just the basics and cleaned out the clutch but that was it. Rode it round the block only to test it. Went ok. Promised myself then that I'd take a proper ride to find out what they are really like but just never got round to it due to work and stuff. Wished I had now. Once you've ridden one you see what everyone is shouting about. :lol: :roll:

pikey

Post by pikey »

I rode in Italy with about 5 thousand or more other Vespas best ride out ever been on they closed all the roads we were like tour de france going thro it was great.Just look on you tube for Vespa world day 2014 Mantova

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Will do Pikey! ta...

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Data wrote:Bluebottle, I've never ever wanted to own a Vespa either. But....
This is the ever present danger whose name is "shiny" :D
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

pikey

Post by pikey »

Shinny scooter syndrome strikes again add to that a spoonfull of looking through rose coloured glasses with a dash of mid life crisis and its a recipe for lowering of your finances :lol: :lol: :lol:

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

no shit !!!
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

:lol:
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1