125 choices?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
drago35uk
Current Ride: sportcity cube 300

125 choices?

Post by drago35uk »

Now I have the big Burgman Im going to sell the Aprilia and get a lighter scooter for the motorhome. Shortlist is Honda SH 125 mode,Honda Vision 110 ,Honda PCX or Yamaha Cygnus. 120kg,97kg,130kg,120kg in the same order. The Aprilia is 150 kg. Leaning towards the Vision due to low weight,are they any good?
2013 Honda Vision 110
2013 Honda NC 700 S

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Re: 125 choices?

Post by michaelphillips »

bought my daughter the honda vision 110cc 6 months ago and had fun on it before handing over, sprightly little thing, gets a second breath of grunt when you get to 40 mph and the take off is very good. the brakes are honda`s combined brakes system, there mechanical cbs, as it has a rear drum brake, so when you apply the rear brake it also applies the front brake, the left front brake is independent for the front disk which is a nissin two pot caliper, service yourself every 2500 miles , just oil change (no filter) really at that interval, i think its actually great, no issues and easy to work on, the underside of engine compartment is totally covered with a plastic tray, so no crud gets there, NO MOTORWAYS as its a 110cc but other than that great fun and lightweight
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

The Yamaha Delight might also be worth a look.
http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/ ... light.aspx

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

I sometimes ride with a chap who has the Vision 110, he's never had any bother & swears by it. I recall him praising the fuel economy too.

michaelphillips
Benefactor

Jaz wrote:I sometimes ride with a chap who has the Vision 110, he's never had any bother & swears by it. I recall him praising the fuel economy too.
yep around 120 miles per gallon, its only a 5 ltr tank

michaelphillips
Benefactor

gn2 wrote:The Yamaha Delight might also be worth a look.
we looked at the delight but only new ones available, yet wanted 14" wheels the delight is 12" but the delight will be a good buy used in a year

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

michaelphillips wrote:
gn2 wrote:The Yamaha Delight might also be worth a look.
we looked at the delight but only new ones available, yet wanted 14" wheels the delight is 12" but the delight will be a good buy used in a year
Yes, the Delight did get good reviews.
By the sound of it, this scoot isn't going to get a huge amount of use, and will be used in generally favourable weather conditions, so maybe one of the cheap Chinese scoots might do the job adequately? You can pick up a 125 for under a grand brand new.

pikey

Post by pikey »

Look at yamaha xenter as well slightly better spec than SH with 4 valve engine plus rear mono shock drive from T max looks nice in blue as well .

gn2

Post by gn2 »

+1 for a cheap and cheerful Chinese job.
A Lexmoto is half the price of a Honda or Yamaha if you want to save a few Bob.
My favourite is the Vienna.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

I've run my Vision 110 almost daily, since bought new in Sept '12.

It's smart looking, nippy, very light (I'm thinking of your lovely motorhome here :)), does do over 100 mpg, and has not let me down, no rust or pitting of the forks or seals yet.

You can pick up 2011+, secondhand now, relatively cheaply for the price of a new Chinese bike.

:arrow: done then!