European travel. .??

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Re: European travel. .??

Post by smeghead »

Sail from Hull on P and O

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

smeghead wrote:Sail from Hull on P and O
£300 plus though.

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

Thanks again chaps for all your info it's much appreciated . The reasons for me wanting to use the Chunnel is I don,t want to sit on a boat from harwich to the hook for 7 hours on way out and 9 hours plus on the way back . I plan to. Take in some of France on the way to the meet point (yet to be decided ) and also do the same on the way back . Certainly the cost difference pays for a lot of fuel for extra touring . However the other people who are supposed to be going appear to now be looking at a good few beers on the ferry etc and then there itinerary shows a 400 mile fast stint to make up time hhhhmmm ,I want to see the views and not just a blur lol ,so may end up doing my own thing after the meet up and our visit to colditz etc .

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Ferret.

My advice "go alone" meet others on route. If your riding long hours on the peagé its another £20 to the cost (tolls), fuel 10+ euros extra a litre and squared off tyres.

I know as I did a four day "site visit" last month (wasted journey) so went from Brittany to Charante to see a mate and tyres squarer than desperate Dan's jawline.

Only advantage of toll roads is 24/7 petrol and shops.

I seem to recall major roads around Amsterdam and Utrecht was like filtering on the M25.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Meldrew

Well spotted that should read .10€ + a litre. OK doesn't sound a lot but work that over 3K miles (im sure somebody will lol) but it pays for a cafe crepe & expresso.

Its the same scenario as using motorway services here everything's top $ to pay overheads and staff

I think French/European McDonalds are expensive as well (but free WiFi justifies IMO)

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

When I went to the South of France recently on my FJR which averaged around 43mpg, seem to remember that we did around 2100 miles and my bill for fuel and tolls was £280.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

If you wont to met a lot of Dutch people this week-end.Just visit the West Kent run-meet-up loads there,and British people of course + The GOD Him self is there JOHN SURTISS
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Coming home yesterday from Alton Cafe I spotted a un-restored 30's Norton being ridden by a Dutch man wearing the biggest clogs you have ever seen, how he changes gear and brakes I don't know, but he said it was no problem. Tomorrow is a ride out day, I usually watch them coming back into Aylesford Priory about 5.00pm.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i