Tmax - Pilot Road 4 tyres

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Tmax - Pilot Road 4 tyres

Post by MrGrumpy »

Just had Michelin Pilot Road 4 tyres fitted to the Tmax - £215 fitted for the pair, which is less awful than I feared!
On the road, they feel, well, more or less as you'd expect! Feel generally similar to the Power Pure SCs that were on before, but a bit harder and sharper - a bit more Bridgestone like. The front has the most exotic tread pattern I've ever seen! Lots of bigger diagonal lines and thin horizontal lines across the tread - I'll have to try and take a photo. Its supposed to make it good in the wet, but its hot and sunny here!

maxsymiser
Current Ride: Honda X-ADV750

Re: Tmax - Pilot Road 4 tyres

Post by maxsymiser »

Was that price for fitting to lose wheels?

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

maxsymiser wrote:Was that price for fitting to lose wheels?
No - ride in, ride out. Do you think I'd have the first clue how to take a wheel off? :lol: My guy only charges £15 a wheel for fitting.

maxsymiser
Current Ride: Honda X-ADV750

Post by maxsymiser »

Thats a fair price for fitting, had a pair fitted on mine and they certainly transformed the handling but partly due to old tyres which were shot

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Hopefully this is a pic of the front tyre!

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

iv'e got pilot road 4's on my NC700. they are fantastic tyres.. good to hear there are scooter ones...if they do burgman sizes
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

phantom309 wrote:iv'e got pilot road 4's on my NC700. they are fantastic tyres.. good to hear there are scooter ones...if they do burgman sizes
I think they only do them in 15" sizes for scooters, so if the Burger still has a 14" rear, then you aren't in luck.

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

Their is some confusion on what sizes are actually available in the 4s . The website did show 14" and 16" but now only shows 15" . I have emailed Michelin UK and they was unable to get an answer from France due to shut downs for the summer . They will be I touch soon to let me know what the actual situation is regarding availability and in what sizes as i need a front soon and I want a4to match the rear .

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Good tyres in both dry and wet, i have them on the NC750X, after the Dunlops that lasted 1300miles....they were good also but the ware rate was a little on the high side.
Lyn.