Honda Silverwing

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Cookie
Benefactor
Current Ride: SilverWing - PCX - C90

Re: Honda Silverwing

Post by Cookie »

I wonder if that's the concept E4-01 that was around ten years ago.
Not heard anything of it since - no surprise there then!
Of course it could always have been the genesis for the DN-01 although the E4 was rumoured to have a triple engine.

I wonder why the rumours are kicking off again... unless Honda have dusted it off! (oink, flap, flap, flap, oink)

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/p ... oncept.jpg

Cookie
Benefactor

Post by Cookie »

Meldrew wrote:Would you want one? I don't need a bigger and heavier version of the Silver Wing, in fact I'd like it smaller and lighter. Despite it's age the recently discontinued FJS version is still a very capable and comfortable maxi scooter once you've junked that OE screen. Rather than upgrading or downsizing, and I go through that phase annually :D I'm just going to uprate a few bits on mine because new and shiny isn't necessarily better.

I recently changed from Bridgestone to Continental tyres, Iridium plugs went in a couple of days ago, and after a night ride over the Pennines last week I'm putting a set of high performance headlamp bulbs in. The battery is OE from 2010 and getting a bit temperamental on the Optimate so I'll replace that next week. I've got a box load of service items, oils, and fluids, a good sat nav and all the touring kit for solo and two up touring. Why change what doesn't need fixing. :)
No arguments from me Meldrew. I've no interest in a bigger one - I was just pointing out what the rumour may have been referring to.

I'm just about to replace the brake pads on mine then it's good to go again. I've yet to be seriously tempted by any of the new offerings.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Cookie wrote:I wonder if that's the concept E4-01 that was around ten years ago.
Not heard anything of it since - no surprise there then!
Of course it could always have been the genesis for the DN-01 although the E4 was rumoured to have a triple engine.

I wonder why the rumours are kicking off again... unless Honda have dusted it off! (oink, flap, flap, flap, oink)

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/p ... oncept.jpg
That was my thought - the E4-01 did have a 900cc triple apparently. I thought it looked fab - I'd be at the front of the queue! I can't see it happening after all this time, though it would be relatively easy for Honda to do something along those lines - basically an Integra with a slightly bored out engine! There again, the E4-01 was supposed to have lots of luggage space and shaft drive, which would increase in desirability greatly over a bigger Integra!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Cookie wrote:I wonder if that's the concept E4-01 that was around ten years ago.

Another possibility is that there's some confusion with the ADV (Off road style Integra) scooter that's apparently going to be formally unveiled next week, and the 900cc Africa Twin. Now a scoot with that engine would be fun!

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

out of interest , how many miles is on your silverwing now Meldrew???
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Cookie wrote:
Meldrew wrote:Would you want one? I don't need a bigger and heavier version of the Silver Wing, in fact I'd like it smaller and lighter. Despite it's age the recently discontinued FJS version is still a very capable and comfortable maxi scooter once you've junked that OE screen. Rather than upgrading or downsizing, and I go through that phase annually :D I'm just going to uprate a few bits on mine because new and shiny isn't necessarily better.

I recently changed from Bridgestone to Continental tyres, Iridium plugs went in a couple of days ago, and after a night ride over the Pennines last week I'm putting a set of high performance headlamp bulbs in. The battery is OE from 2010 and getting a bit temperamental on the Optimate so I'll replace that next week. I've got a box load of service items, oils, and fluids, a good sat nav and all the touring kit for solo and two up touring. Why change what doesn't need fixing. :)
No arguments from me Meldrew. I've no interest in a bigger one - I was just pointing out what the rumour may have been referring to.

I'm just about to replace the brake pads on mine then it's good to go again. I've yet to be seriously tempted by any of the new offerings.
Even though I have doubled the milage of my 01 since getting it 3 years ago, it's not economically sensible for me to get a newer model, that said, if they were to bring the 400 across from Europe, discussions with herself would be had :kiss:
Have wheels, will travel :D

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

It would have 2 be euro4 the srv 850 aint going to make it. I heard its not going to be sold so...
Think honda are all out on the cross platform bikes
But u never know
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Cookie
Benefactor

Post by Cookie »

I think you're right. Honda seem determined to carve out a new niche in the market at the moment.

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

i was told that the last of the old A7 stocks are low , an that there is a hint of a new silverwing possibly next year...
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .