Forza on YSS rear shocks

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Brimma
Current Ride: Forza NSS300

Re: Forza on YSS rear shocks

Post by Brimma »

mdk1 wrote:Very Nice, shame about the mugshot!
Cheeky :-)

Sad thing is, having been to the dealer and looking around a Crosstourer Highlander, and seeing some of the PCP deals around, I'm considering selling this and going for something a bit bigger :-(

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Have you checked out the bloody weight of the Crosstourer? :shock:

Lovely, I'm sure but my old GS was a lump and that was 40 kilos lighter than this one. Factor in touring kit and yourself and you'll wonder why you ever bothered. Well, I did wonder and sold the lot 18 months down the line, even as a younger and stronger chappy at the time.

Brimma

Post by Brimma »

Capt. R Swipe wrote:Have you checked out the bloody weight of the Crosstourer? :shock:

Lovely, I'm sure but my old GS was a lump and that was 40 kilos lighter than this one. Factor in touring kit and yourself and you'll wonder why you ever bothered. Well, I did wonder and sold the lot 18 months down the line, even as a younger and stronger chappy at the time.
That's a good point :-)

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

i was gonna get yss shocks on the runner but i was told not to bother as they are same as standard shocks just with red springs.

Let me know once they bed in if they are worth it as i may purchase some.
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Brimma wrote:
Capt. R Swipe wrote:Have you checked out the bloody weight of the Crosstourer? :shock:

That's a good point :-)
the cb 500x comes in just under 200kg, a fantastic bike to ride. ;)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

the cb 500x comes in just under 200kg, a fantastic bike to ride. ;)[/quote]

do you still have it Mark?

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Symcity wrote:
MrGrumpy wrote:I bought my Honda Pan European from the Honda people at Grantham. Decent people to do business with - nightmare bike!
What exactly was wrong with the pan
There was nothing wrong with it per se, it was that I hated riding it! Far too heavy, and far too top heavy, it was a nightmare to move around. I took it to work on the first day and dropped it crossing a tiny ridge in the pavement and as it fell in an awkward place it needed 3 people to pick it up!! As my first manual bike it was quite a steep learning curve as well. Basically I didn't want to ride it, so it had to go. After 3 weeks I traded it in for a Burger 650 which felt like a moped in comparison!!

Brimma

Post by Brimma »

horobags wrote:
Brimma wrote:
Capt. R Swipe wrote: the cb 500x comes in just under 200kg, a fantastic bike to ride. ;)
I 'm attracted by the DCT aspect of the Highlander, never having ridden a geared bike in my life, and the shaft drive due to the lack of maintenance required

The result of one trade-in enquiry so far is an offer of £3600 for mine, which doesn't sound too bad

Decisions, decisions :-)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Brimma wrote:
horobags wrote:
Brimma wrote:
I 'm attracted by the DCT aspect of the Highlander, never having ridden a geared bike in my life, and the shaft drive due to the lack of maintenance required

The result of one trade-in enquiry so far is an offer of £3600 for mine, which doesn't sound too bad

Decisions, decisions :-)
Shaft drive bikes seem rarer and rarer. If you are interested in an off-road style bike, then I suspect the N750X with DCT might be as good, or I'd certainly wait until you can check out what the X-ADV adventure scooter (with DCT) will be like in reality. Both are likely to have chains, sadly, but If you fit an auto chain-oiler, then this cuts out most of the faffing about, or so I'm told. I can't believe the mostrous heavy weight adventure bikes would be a good idea. If you did want to go properly offroad, the new Africa Twin, with optional DCT, is getting very good reviews

Brimma

Post by Brimma »

As you say, chains look as though they could be a faff

Not intending going off road, but I fancy the upright comfort of adventure bike over the forward lean on a sports bike

Have seen several private reviews of the Highlander and riders seem almost as confident of it in the wet as they do in the dry, then there's all the toys, luggage, fogs, engine guards, heated grips, centre stand, higher screen

The only downside is the weight, but performance doesn't seem to suffer as they've given it more low-down torque than the road bike

Sent some pics of the Forza to another dealer today and he said it looked 'amazing' - waiting on a call tomorrow to see what figure he comes up with