Another speedy retro-style scoot

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 4154

Re: Another speedy retro-style scoot

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

tmaxrobbo wrote:120mph what's not to like ?
Do people buy scooters to do 120mph though? And if you do want to go that fast, there are better and cheaper ways of doing it.

I do like the idea of updating a classic design with modern mechanicals, as per the 250 Scomadi discussed elsewhere, but I would like something a bit more sensible personally.

Now if someone took a Helix, fitted say a 300 Forza motor, tele forks & ABS twin discs... Lyn?? ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

tmaxrobbo wrote:I like it .Interesting they compare it to the T Max . . My Brother knows him and tells me he is a perfectionist and very passionate about the project . It is a high quality Scoot. 120mph what's not to like ?
I'm sure its a great thing, but more of a brilliant toy than something you'd actually use... now, if someone productionised it.....

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

nice but i dont think so with that sort of price tag
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Scootles
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Post by Scootles »

Well if I had the money I'd have one, but would probably mess the whole thing up with Oxford heated grips, a top box and a sensible but ugly screen. Still, if I had the money I wouldn't give a monkey's.
Seriously though, I like the maintenance aspect. It reminds me of my old LE Velocette where you could undo a few bolts, unclip a few wires then roll the front of the bike forward, leaving engine, gearbox, drive shaft and rear wheel on the wokshop floor as one combined unit.
A cheaper version of this bike would be pretty handy.

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

I like it too, I love well engineered stuff. I'd have to have a big win to get one though! icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Meldrew wrote:Why not just buy a new KTM 690 Duke instead, add on it's Race, Style, and Touring packages and it's about £10 000. You'll have saved a shed load of money, have performance, fun, and practibility, and the support of nationwide KTM dealerships.
Now now Meldrew, you must have taken your sensible pills this morning!!

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

icon_th_rofl.gif
Nicely done Mr Meldrew sir
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

I think I'd sooner give the money to Malossi or someone and have a 560 barrel and piston and a turbo kit fitted to "MrT".
I'd have 0-60 in 3 seconds and a few thousand left over. Or I could fit a TMax body on a Fireblade and get 2.9sec 0-60.. :lol:
As others have said It's a great piece of engineering but a little expensive for what it is.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Jaz wrote:
tmaxrobbo wrote:120mph what's not to like ?
Do people buy scooters to do 120mph though? And if you do want to go that fast, there are better and cheaper ways of doing it.

I do like the idea of updating a classic design with modern mechanicals, as per the 250 Scomadi discussed elsewhere, but I would like something a bit more sensible personally.

Now if someone took a Helix, fitted say a 300 Forza motor, tele forks & ABS twin discs... Lyn?? ;) ;) :lol: :lol:
If you remember, that is what i wanted to do.
You supply the bikes and i will do it. :D
Lyn.

andyscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: gilera runner vxr200

Post by andyscooter »

wouldn't it be easyier to buy a ktm and a r1/hyabusa for speed
i was an atheist until i realised i am god
Remember its a speed limit not a target

gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)