New Front Tyre

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
caecilius
Current Ride: Burgman 400

New Front Tyre

Post by caecilius »

After 14 000 miles on the original Michelin CityGrip I treated my Beverly to a Heidenau K66 today. It looks the business with a very busy profile
tyre.jpg
i was pleased too with the service at the newly relocated Berkshire Motorcycle in the back streets of Slough. The young guy who has just taken over the business from his father charged a very reasonable £60 for sourcing the tyre, fitting and balancing. All done while I waited.
bikeshop.JPG
Alan

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Re: New Front Tyre

Post by muddyfox »

Be interested in your opinion of this tyre compared to Citygrip. Please keep us updated.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

i had the citygrip fitted on my aerox100 was very good in the wet and dry.
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

I didn't think much of my Citygrips in the wet, the Maxxis tyres however have always given a solid performance in all weathers.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Goodness, Citygrips do divide opinion don't they! I'm in the anti camp, but I recognise that many think they are great.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Well I've got the choice between citygrips or feelfree for the coming season - decisions decisions

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

the superdink 300 i just got has a Bridgestone HOOP B03 120/80-14 on the front which i was suprised how grippy it is, never this tyre before
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

michaelphillips wrote:the superdink 300 i just got has a Bridgestone HOOP B03 120/80-14 on the front which i was suprised how grippy it is, never this tyre before
I've had B.stone Hoops in the past - they are super-grippy! I suspect there's a downside to that in that they may not last as long as some others, but I seem to get through tyres quickly anyway.

Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

Post by Drago »

Globs wrote:I didn't think much of my Citygrips in the wet, the Maxxis tyres however have always given a solid performance in all weathers.
I'm the opposite...I found City Grips fine on my old SYM GTS but the Joymax's stock Maxxis tyres are very horrible in the wet and they wore out quickly - 3000miles on the rear and the fronts starting to go at only 5000miles! And I don't rag it and keep them inflated correctly!
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

kishan
Current Ride: gilera runner 125ST

Post by kishan »

maxxis are wank, great in dry but shite in wet and rubber was too soft so they wore out way too quick had it on my typhoon125
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.