Scooter Service and Repairs

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Re: Scooter Service and Repairs

Post by Globs »

dogfood09 wrote:
smeghead wrote:Does it just have a 12 month guarantee? The Kymco stuff has 24 months.
I have a two year warranty
Ah - so it's still inside the warranty? Sorry I didn't realise that when I first answered.

So WTF are they asking you to pay for it then?!?!
Unreal.

dogfood09

Post by dogfood09 »

Globs wrote:
dogfood09 wrote:
smeghead wrote:Does it just have a 12 month guarantee? The Kymco stuff has 24 months.
I have a two year warranty
Ah - so it's still inside the warranty? Sorry I didn't realise that when I first answered.

So WTF are they asking you to pay for it then?!?!
Unreal.
Because P&H say it's a wear and tear item!! And not covered under warranty

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Wear & tear after 5000 miles? They must have their stunt motorcycle heads on and think you're popping wheelies all over the place. That is outrageous, I'd be straight onto Kawasaki's head office.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

2 Year Warranty - Give em hell, cheeky sods - especially if it has had the interim services...
A2 Motorcycles, a little Yamaha dealer in Gravesend call the bike in just befor the end of the 2 year warranty to give em a look over and remedy any niggles that are covered under warranty er... under waranty!
Obviously this keeps teh spanners busy and a few quid in warranty repair in quiet times, also keeps customers happy...
XMax400 - Head Bearings done at end of waranty dealer check, under waranty...

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

The Warranty that a manufacturer gives is in Addition to your statutory rights ( which cannot be given away). Under the sale of goods act a product must be fit for purpose, and any reasonable person would not expect head bearings to need replacing after such a short time and little mileage. If you get negative response qoute the sale of goods act.

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

dogfood09 wrote:Because P&H say it's a wear and tear item!! And not covered under warranty
If you can find another Kwak dealer get it done under warranty by them.
I wouldn't be trusting P&H after that, lying to your face isn't something I'd reward with custom..

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Post by Whatsisname »

Another option to back up the SOGA/ Consumer rights act, is Trading Standards at your local council.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/ ... -goods-act

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consu ... standards/
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

Davefirestorm
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by Davefirestorm »

Stand your ground with the dealer,be polite and tell him you are not happy with their response and tell them you intend contacting Kawasaki UK to complain to their customer service department and will seek legal advice if they don't do it on warranty

dogfood09

Post by dogfood09 »

Thank you for your support guys, still not heard back from them. Will be calling them tomorrow, they were good when my bike was off the road for two weeks awaiting the ignition coil they re imburst me over £150 for the cost of public transport. Fingers crossed

dogfood09

Post by dogfood09 »

Spoke to Kawasaki and they are saying it is a wear and tear item , and sounds about right at my milage, and it's not covered under warranty , they have phoned the garage to tell them not to charge me for parts as a gesture of good will, and to let them know once they have taken it apart to see if it is a manufacturer issue