insurance

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Re: insurance

Post by Whatsisname »

I changed again last year. Went with the Post Office quote (which turned out the be Devitt's) who lined me up with Zenith Insurance at £87 fully comp on my old K5 Burg 400. Ironically, I was already insured with Zenith through a different broker (for more!)
My renewal notice just arrived for this year, and there's no change, except for a renewal charge!
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

Davefirestorm
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by Davefirestorm »

I stick with same company every year and paid £275 for five bikes which includes my 650 Burgman.I tend to buy bikes and add them to my policy and only costs me £15 each time,can't grumble at that and can't get insured cheaper anywhere else

andyscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: gilera runner vxr200

Post by andyscooter »

kishan wrote:i was with them they are crap and rip off, MCE has been far the best insurance company ive ever been with.

excess was stupidly high though with them on all policys

with swintons at mo

fully comp runner 200 for less then £90 :lol:

I likes being older and wiser :oops:
i was an atheist until i realised i am god
Remember its a speed limit not a target

gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Davefirestorm wrote:I stick with same company every year and paid £275 for five bikes which includes my 650 Burgman.I tend to buy bikes and add them to my policy and only costs me £15 each time,can't grumble at that and can't get insured cheaper anywhere else
Do you mind me asking which company that is Dave?
Cheers.

Davefirestorm

Post by Davefirestorm »

Peter James

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Ah thanks. I might give them a call when I'm due and see if I can get a good deal.

Davefirestorm

Post by Davefirestorm »

Mines a classic policy with moderns added,I insured a new Fireblade this way saving lots,added a new Burgman last year by phoning up and paying £15 admin fee and made no difference when renewing following month I paid £275 for five bikes

RuffStuff

Post by RuffStuff »

Just did my sym for 99 quid with devitt. Only have 1 years no claims as I didn't ride for a bit, can't wait to get it built up again as used to get fully comp on cbr6s got 70 quid.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

had a laugh today brousing the web.... Bennetts who said no we don't know the scooter so can't insure it, then said they could but as an unknown bike.....well Bennetts :oops: did a full review of the new burgman. so how do they not know it still :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Dogslow61

Post by Dogslow61 »

I had a problem when the xmax 300 was launched by Yamaha in England.It hadn't been rated on a database so most insurance companies couldn't quote the one that did would have liked £1200 fully comp.I am 61 full license for decades no points on license parked in locked brick garage etc.Once it had been rated it was very cheap to insure.The cheapest quote I had was £86