Licenced to confuse

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Re: Licenced to confuse

Post by Liam »

Tis a confusing one. But some insurers will do their utmost to get more money out of customers.
Nice to see not all do it. Well done Carole Nash and mce. Be interesting if they change their policy in line with the ombudsman.
Not good for that bloke who had his insurance withdrawn. Any future insurers always ask if that has happened.
He'll get stung for sure when he goes for his next quote.
Bluebottle wrote: I wonder if the same happens with people that have an Auto restriction?
I don't think it would be classed as a full licence until the full test is passed!
What does it say on your licence??

Ferrit
Current Ride: MP3 400ie

Post by Ferrit »

Liam wrote:
Bluebottle wrote: I wonder if the same happens with people that have an Auto restriction?
I don't think it would be classed as a full licence until the full test is passed!
If it is not a full licence as the DVLA claims, then they should be showing L plates etc. They have effectively put the licence into limbo as they are claiming it is not a provisional and not a full licences....the only two licences the rest of the traffic laws accounts for!

As for auto restriction, I have this for both bike and car due to my disability, I am certainly a full licence holder on both counts, just restricted to auto vehicles.
2013 Mp3 500sport
2007 MP3 400ie

A less than Civil Servant
Herts & Beds SERV

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

Ferrit wrote:
If it is not a full licence as the DVLA claims, then they should be showing L plates etc.
Or use some sort of provisional plates maybe.
Ferrit wrote:
As for auto restriction, I have this for both bike and car due to my disability, I am certainly a full licence holder on both counts, just restricted to auto vehicles.
I suppose, otherwise you could say a lorry driver wasn't a full licence holder if he had class 3 and not class 1
(is that the right way round?)