BMW scooter prices announced (German 19% VAT incl.)

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: BMW scooter prices announced (German 19% VAT incl.)

Post by MrGrumpy »

Meldrew wrote:There's a lot of bollocks talked about various maxi scooters that if repeated for long enough is taken to be fact. For example... the digital speedo on the 650 Burgman is wildly inaccurate,..
Thats probably because it is - in my personal experience - wildly optimistic!!!

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

True, but out (according to my GPS) by exactly the same as my Honda Civic (58 plate), most bikes/cars seem to err on the + 5-10% range.

The little SH is most accurate but then the needle wobbles around so much it is hard to be sure!
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

Waldorf wrote:"it’s very close in enjoyment to riding a full-on 600cc motorcycle through the corners"
Enjoyment being a personal thing, that means nothing so in fact, he comes across as a bit patronising.

How else is he supposed to describe it?
He's almost certainly writing for motorcycle riders who've never ridden a maxiscooter before so has to compare his 'enjoyment' with that when riding a m/c.
It's not patronizing at all.
I'll have to disagree with you. He doesn't have to compare his "enjoyment" at all. A review should try to be objective.

If he said it had nowhere near the cornering capabilities of a 600 motorcycle, then fair enough!
(In fact he says it has exceptional stability)
But enjoyment?
Like I said that's a personal thing.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

His article he can write what he likes.
My post so I can write what I like... here goes...
The BMW scootalikes are shite and won't be big sellers in the UK.

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

gn2 wrote:...
The BMW scootalikes are shite and won't be big sellers in the UK.
Why shite?

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Why not.
Can't think of anything good about them.
Too expensive and too complex to appeal to scooter aficionados.
To scootery to appeal to bikers.
Fall in the same category as the DN01, overpriced novelty toy for loadsamoneyed tossers.

barryG
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300 SS

Post by barryG »

I agree with GN2, its way too expensive and Ive seen them. The fit and finish is crap, even a SYM is better and the underside has no belly pan to keep the crud off the vast amount of equipment underslung. Have a look at the stupidly complex exhaust, thatll cost a mint to replace. The rads in direct line from all the stones and crap thrown up from the road.

Yes, it has brilliant ergonomics and riding position. Wow, it has an electric screen but for the money they want Id buy a decent car... the scoots value will plummet and the underneath disintegrate over a short time. There, thats my expert and obviously bollocks opinion... something a few people on here seem to think you cant have :roll:

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

And it's somewhat ironic that there's another thread close by started by someone (and no reflection on or criticism of him intended) anxious that the frame on his brand new maxi might rust and needs protecting, just in case, and no-one says anything negative about it.
Incidentally, where is the radiator on a Burgman? The Silverwing's is immediately behind the front wheel and some owners have seemed fit to make mud-flaps to prevent muck getting in it.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

barryG
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300 SS

Post by barryG »

This forums getting shit :roll: No ones allowed to express an opinion or ask a question, without some grumpy old men pissing on their thread or point of view, I can see why so many have left now :(

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

There is a decent write up of the C600 on Scooter-station. Seems to go well, but they barely got 40mpg out of it! Though that probably included top speed tests, and testing in urban areas, where it was even less economical!