BMW scooter prices announced (German 19% VAT incl.)

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: BMW scooter prices announced (German 19% VAT incl.)

Post by MrGrumpy »

Zed wrote:46mpg, 5.1 litres per 100km?!
The NC700x is claiming 78.8mpg (UK), 65.6mpg (US), 3.58l/100km
Claiming 78.8mpg yes....but if you look at my post on the Integra, Scooter Station only got 52 out of the Integra (though that had the DCT transmission).

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

barryG wrote:46mpg???? There having a laugh, thats pathetic :lol:
Apparently the trip computer was showing 46mpg AT TOP SPEED.
Sounds highly unlikely....and a very inaccurate way of measuring mpg. The real figure at top speed is probably around 35.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Waldorf wrote:This Review has just started the rounds on Scooter Forums:

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ ... 91244.html
Thats a well dodgy review....I presume the guy hasn't ever ridden a Tmax or even a Big Burger! What's all that tripe about having to coast round corners power off and not being able to control the scoot via the engine about?????? Does he know how to ride???

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

Yes,, he's only referring to what the display showed, not the actual consumption. Just like they have in some cars,, it's just a toy to make you think about how much petrol you're wasting.

Like Grumpy says,, he's probably not ridden any big scooters before, maybe just tried a Ruckus or a Morphous so seems taken aback

"it’s very close in enjoyment to riding a full-on 600cc motorcycle through the corners" icon_blah.gif
Enjoyment being a personal thing, that means nothing so in fact, he comes across as a bit patronising.

And as for..... "The nature of the CVT transmission makes the engine work in a reactive rather than progressive way."

I don't know what he means by that! Reactive as in responsive??

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Liam wrote:
And as for..... "The nature of the CVT transmission makes the engine work in a reactive rather than progressive way."

I don't know what he means by that! Reactive as in responsive??
Pure bollox.....obviously a bike rider who doesn't understand a CVT.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

BMW are launching their scoots in Madrid, so there should be lots of reports around the web. Just been looking at Cyberscooter.it - they haven't ridden it yet, but have obviously looked over it. They note that many of the plastics look cheap and don't seem to fit too well! Still claimed 0-60 time is 7.1 secs, though it seems that the US journo is right in that there isn't a lot of grunt at low speeds.

Of course, the big question is how much? BMW still haven't announced UK prices.

barryG
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300 SS

Post by barryG »

So, the production versions have ill fitting and poor plastics like the scooters at the NEC? If they are as bad then BMW should be ashamed as many Korean akes were better assembled. Still, what do we expect when these BMWs are made from imported parts from the third world :lol:

I have to laugh, for years Italian stuff was slated as being poorly made and unreliable, now it seems whilst the Italians are getting better the rest of the world is getting worse!

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

"it’s very close in enjoyment to riding a full-on 600cc motorcycle through the corners"
Enjoyment being a personal thing, that means nothing so in fact, he comes across as a bit patronising.

How else is he supposed to describe it?
He's almost certainly writing for motorcycle riders who've never ridden a maxiscooter before so has to compare his 'enjoyment' with that when riding a m/c.
It's not patronizing at all.

As for all the bollocks being spouted about fuel-consumption; none of us will really know what it is until someone HERE buys one and finds out - hearsay is just that.

Some years ago there was the 'Urban Cycle' method of discovering fuel consumption in new cars. It may still be used.
It was always stated that the most economical speed was a constant 56 MPH. That figure is, apparently, a myth but I can say from experience that driving and riding at somewhere close to that speed does give me the best MPG.

Statements such as ' The dash said 47 MPH but it was probably nearer 37' are pure hypothesis and serve only to fuel the 'anti' feelings about something new, something none of us has even seen 'in the flesh' if I'm not mistaken.

It's all so f***ing negative and sour grapes since probably very few of us will be able to afford one :cry:
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

The French mag Scooter Station have tested the Integra and say "In the combined cycle, Honda announced just 3.5 l/100 km. During ... 200 km of roads traveled in Paris, alone or in pairs, playing on three driving modes (S or D automatic and manual modes), we establish an average consumption of 5.4 l/100 km."

The Italian Cyber Scooter have ridden the BMW Sport in Madrid and say "I could not check the fuel by the tank full, but according to the indications of the instruments on board, traveling mode 'illegal' path I 15.9 km / liter, while in mode 'legal' are arrived at 20.8 km / liter results, 'average'.".

So the Integra does 52mpg and the BMW does 56mpg at reasonable speeds, 44mpg flat out. Disappointing, but hardly surprising given their cubic capacity.

Oh, and Cyber Scooter said the BMW hit the limiter at 180kph (111mph) on the clock, which was exactly the same on the GPS read-out so instrument accuracy was excellent.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Don't forget that actually the Satelis is the best scooter out there. FACT.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should