Is this a good deal?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
melpotter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Sym JoyMax GTS 300i

Re: Is this a good deal?

Post by melpotter »

bornagainbiker wrote:. However lower mileage K8+ models at the right price is always preferable.
Could someone give me or point me to a rundown of the various Burgman models and the key differences please? For example what's the significance a K8 or an AN?
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere.

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

I've looked at several brands of maxi but I prefer something with real 'presence' on the road. I love my SYM GTS EVO and am considering a 300i but I can't seem to get a dealer to tell me how the under seat storage compares. I commute 34 miles a day, 70% at 60 mph which is why I'm considering something faster / more powerful.
i used to have the 250 gts an the only problem with underseat storage was that ,there are 2 bolts that hold the seat back rest on,have large heads ,and touch the helmet when you close the seat.so i changed them for smaller ones .and job done.no more marks on helmet.and i'm also thinking of getting another sym gts 300i .as i missed mine. :D
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

melpotter wrote:
bornagainbiker wrote:. However lower mileage K8+ models at the right price is always preferable.
Could someone give me or point me to a rundown of the various Burgman models and the key differences please? For example what's the significance a K8 or an AN?
AN is the model code ,"AN400" and the k8 had the revampt clutch after the k7's problems.

bornagainbiker
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by bornagainbiker »

melpotter wrote:
The Suzuki Burgman models are classified as Burgman AN400 or AN650. The manufactured model year is distinguished by a letter and number. In this example K = the decade 2000-2009 and the 8 = 2008. So this decade is represented by the letter L = 2010-2019 and 0 (zero) = 2010, so L0 is the Manufacturer year 2010.

My 2011 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive in the registration document is shown as AN650L1. With this information you can quickly determine if the Suzuki bike scooter was an older model to the actual registration plate given. I.E. A 2007 K7 model could have a 08 registration plate, so not making it an actual 08 model.

I think the AN400 had a major upgrade in 2008 (model K8), this is a page I found showing the AN400 history up to 2007.http://www.suzukicycles.org/Burgman-ser ... gman.shtml

The 400 is a single cylinder engine and the 650 a twin cylinder engine. The 400 is a very capable maxi-scooter with lots of under seat storage, achieving 90-95mph and 70+ mpg with a road tax of £36 a year. The 650 is their flagship model with all the gadgets and I bought this primarily for touring two up with luggage. However it's very heavy and to push manoeuvre it can be awkward at times, road tax is £74 and the mpg just over 50. I deliberated long and hard between the 400 and 650. If I were a daily commuter the 400 would have definitely been my choice.

This is the current Suzuki model range http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/bikes/index. ... on_scooter

Hope that this helps.

Colin
2018 Honda Forza 300 Daelim S3 Advance 250 Piaggio Fly 125 3v Burgman 650 L1 Burgman 400 K8

melpotter
Benefactor

Post by melpotter »

phantom309 wrote: i used to have the 250 gts an the only problem with underseat storage was that ,there are 2 bolts that hold the seat back rest on,have large heads ,and touch the helmet when you close the seat.so i changed them for smaller ones .and job done.no more marks on helmet.and i'm also thinking of getting another sym gts 300i .as i missed mine. :D
I have that problem with the EVO. Thought it was those bolts, covered them with stick on felt pads, still scratches my helmet though. :(

Sent from my ARCHOS 101G9 using Forum Runner

melpotter
Benefactor

Post by melpotter »

bornagainbiker wrote:
melpotter wrote:
The Suzuki Burgman models are classified as Burgman AN400 or AN650. The manufactured model year is distinguished by a letter and number. <snip>

Hope that this helps.

Colin
That's great, thanks very much for taking the time to do that.

phantom309

Post by phantom309 »

I have that problem with the EVO. Thought it was those bolts, covered them with stick on felt pads, still scratches my helmet though. :(

Sent from my ARCHOS 101G9 using Forum Runner
yeah it's those bolts.there to wide,just find some smaller diameter ones( not big prob as no stress on seat) and the prob is gone. :idea:

melpotter
Benefactor

Post by melpotter »

gn2

Post by gn2 »

That one has been on sale for months so you could probably get it for under the asking price.

melpotter
Benefactor

Post by melpotter »

gn2 wrote:That one has been on sale for months so you could probably get it for under the asking price.
Thanks for the tip. How long have they had it do you think?