Is this a good deal?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

Re: Is this a good deal?

Post by Drago »

melpotter wrote:
gn2 wrote:AFAIK the storage on your 125 is the same as the 300
I thought so too, but photos on the SYM site show it as a lot smaller and the importers don't seem to be able to answer the question. :(
SYM UK are useless... the website is full of errors, when they added the max-sym, it had a picture of a Kymco
Downtown!!!! :shock: I also know the underseat pic is wrong for the GTS - it's clearly not a GTS at all! I
have looked on various ad sites/ review sites (UK & foreign) and the GTS storage seems to be identical across
all the models Evo and not (125,200 (never sold here),250,300). I've seen your facebook conversation, the dealers
really do want to help & sale SYM's but SYM UK can't be arsed! The guy from SYM UK confirming the pic is right should be
fired!

I have the 250i and typically return 85mpg average @ 60mph, I suppose the 300i will be around the same, maybe a little
lower or higher. I've had it nearly four years and done 17000kms, all thats gone wrong was the underseat light switch packed up through wear several months ago - cost £25 to replace!

I would reccomend the 300 as you would get more oomph, 13in rear wheel, similiar mpg (or better), it will handle better
(larger wheelbase), similiar storage and it only weighs a little more than the 125.
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

i'd also recomend the SYM...after having the gts250 ,the parts are alot cheaper to replace when things happen aswell..i had three things changed on mine ,the bolts that hold the seat hump,because they touched the helmet,(not the bikes fault) 1 LED went in the rear light (replaced free) and a rear mudgaurd £53 (when got driven into by dosy car driver)an she paid for that.lol.
and i loved it ,to the point where i'm going to get the 300 when the new reg. comes out..purfik..
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

melpotter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Sym JoyMax GTS 300i

Post by melpotter »

Well, in the end I decided I might as well take SYM up on their very kind offer of two years 0% finance on a new scoot :D .

Had a ride around five local SYM dealers to see what the best trade – in price would be. It varied between £1,500 and £800!

So I've ordered a SYM GTS 300i from DK motorcycles in Newcastle under Lyme. They'd actually got most of the SYM range on display in their massive showroom. Of course motoGB haven't got any in black in the country so I've got to wait or get a silver one :D
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere.

TmaX9
Current Ride: 04 and 54 X9 500 Evos

Post by TmaX9 »

Why wait, they are both dull shitty colours as usual for the UK market. It's not as if the wait would get you a red one.
I've seen a silver one and it does look smart if dull :)

melpotter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Sym JoyMax GTS 300i

Post by melpotter »

TmaX9 wrote:Why wait, they are both dull shitty colours as usual for the UK market. It's not as if the wait would get you a red one.
I've seen a silver one and it does look smart if dull :)
I have to say I completely disagree, I think the Black and Silver are both very smart. I already have the EVO 125 in black and IMHO it looks great http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/vie ... f=6&t=9396
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere.

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

i'm getting the black gts 300....and yes i'm waiting for them to arrive in the country.16th march.got good part ex for the pcx.what i was expecting too.so will be new reg aswell....lol
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .