Tmax is back on the road!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Taipan
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC700X DCT Tmax mk2

Tmax is back on the road!

Post by Taipan »

My Tmax was due both tax and mot at the beginning of January. After an indulgent Xmas I didn't really have the money to do this, so decided I'd leave it till March before putting it on the road. Brilliant idea except my SV650 has zero weather protection and by Christ was i cold for a few weeks back there! :shock: Anyway, took it for the MOT and apart from an advisory on the pads (which I have) it passed with flying colours!

After being on the SV for a few months it feel really strange riding the Tmax again! Felt a big sluggish too, so I'm going to refit the Dr Pulleys when I fit the new variator sliders in a hope to cure the engine rattle. I've missed riding the Tmax though and am looking forward to getting back on it. 8-)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Tmax is back on the road!

Post by MrGrumpy »

Taipan wrote:
After being on the SV for a few months it feel really strange riding the Tmax again! Felt a big sluggish too, so I'm going to refit the Dr Pulleys when I fit the new variator sliders in a hope to cure the engine rattle. I've missed riding the Tmax though and am looking forward to getting back on it. 8-)
By the way - I put a Malossi Variator on my Tmax mk3 a few weeks ago (well, I paid for it anyway), and it really changes the whole feel of it, especially round town. Doesn't make much difference at open road speeds - but then a variator wouldn't. But it now has a much livelier feel especially from around 10-40mph, and gives you a lot more punch overtaking crawling drivers and accelerating out of slow roundabouts. It actually feels like I've tuned the engine! So good fun...I paid £150 for the variator, £85 for a Malossi belt plus 2 hours labour fitting it so £300 approx. Probably half the performance increase that the mk4 gives you for a fraction of the cost!

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

***SV650***

Owwwww! i was cleaning up int garage today and came across my powerbronze hugger still in the box unused as they sent the wrong one.
By the time i could be arsed to tell them i had partexed the bike :lol: :lol: It is for upto 03.. any good to you...cheap as chips...+postage.
Lyn.

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

Actually I ahve the Sv up for sale I dont need it, butb thanks anyway. You on the SV650 forum? They'd snap it up on there!

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

MrGrumpy wrote: By the way - I put a Malossi Variator on my Tmax mk3 a few weeks ago (well, I paid for it anyway), and it really changes the whole feel of it, especially round town. Doesn't make much difference at open road speeds - but then a variator wouldn't. But it now has a much livelier feel especially from around 10-40mph, and gives you a lot more punch overtaking crawling drivers and accelerating out of slow roundabouts. It actually feels like I've tuned the engine! So good fun...I paid £150 for the variator, £85 for a Malossi belt plus 2 hours labour fitting it so £300 approx. Probably half the performance increase that the mk4 gives you for a fraction of the cost!

I had a malossi on my old mk1. Made a diffenet bike of it too. was amazing on petrol in normal use too. I used to get 60+ mpg and sometimes 65mpg!

Taipan
Benefactor

Post by Taipan »

Cleaned up the brake lever pivot pins, caliper pistons and pad pins on my Tmax and fitted new pads. Taxed it this morning and rode to work on it. First time I've been on it for a while. Forgot how easy and relaxing riding a big scoot is! :D