YP400

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Re: YP400

Post by phantom309 »

but if the majesty is what you want ANDYSCOOTER is on here somewhere an he's had his for ages...
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

andyscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: gilera runner vxr200

Post by andyscooter »

he hasnt had his for over 12 months

he killed it riding at the limit on the way back from the forest of dean 8-)

damn m50 with no police :twisted:

lovely scooters to ride as they handle brilliant have a great low down take off would have another in a heartbeat if i didnt have to pay for it

very expensive as tyres are a funny size and only bridgestone and dunlop do them all panels need removing to get to the engine so to change tyres the panels need to come off

and as said before light bulbs take about half hour to change so pray they dont blow and night on a country road
i was an atheist until i realised i am god
Remember its a speed limit not a target

gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)

martb4632
Benefactor
Current Ride: LML Star 150 4 Stroke

Post by martb4632 »

Thrashed my old X8 400 along the M50 coming back from Abergavenny a couple of summers ago and she never missed a beat :)
I did consider a Majesty 400 as I had the 250 version as my 1st "big" scooter & that was a cracking ride but the X8 came along at a bargain price & looking at this thread it seems like I made the right choice.

Currently looking at a nice X8 250 so I can have the best of both worlds, a decent maxi scoot for touring on and My LML for attending trad rallies and generally annoying the neighbours with the Sito plus exhaust ;)

detec52
Current Ride: Honda sh300 Honda anf 125

Post by detec52 »

Had my second maj for 3 years i did a review on it, great scoot been all over france on her and going to spain this year, 70 mpg at 65mph, tyres no probs michelin pilots are great and cheap, rear £45.00 front £42.00 you wont have to remove panels ect as they dont go wrong, i have a full factory workshop manual if any one wants info just ask. Rob.

brassnobs
Current Ride: Trike and Yamaha Majesty 400

Post by brassnobs »

My Majesty is great, 55.500mls and still going strong. 72MPG loaded up with camping gear and riding fast. First scooter I`ve had and don`t know why I never went down this road before. Must look like a sports bike fromt he front as all the rocket riders wave or nod, then they get level and try to make out they were waving to someone else lol. I`ve only got 60% bend in my knee so room is important, I took the seat pad off and with me also being just over 6ft I have plenty of room. I tried a 400 burgman but it was to heavy for me to hold up what with my knackered legs. Majesty is a bit heavy but I can manage it. All in all well pleased with my scoot and will buy a newer one at some point.

brassnobs
Current Ride: Trike and Yamaha Majesty 400

Post by brassnobs »

Rob, I could do with a workshop manual just for servicing, let me know what you want for it and how I can get it from you. Thanks
brassnobs

detec52
Current Ride: Honda sh300 Honda anf 125

Post by detec52 »

Sorry you got it wrong! im not selling my manual but would be pleased to help out on any info you may need!! servicing is easy i wash my air filters out and have done this over 3 years with no problems, im not paying yam prices for filters, oil filter and oil around £25.00 and i clean the belt filter around 6000m intervals, and replace rear drive oil at 6000m. Rob.