think i have been ripped off

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
andyscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: gilera runner vxr200

Re: think i have been ripped off

Post by andyscooter »

my normal mechanic used to change the bulb and not charge me

mind you he never charged me for mots either :kiss:

but he hasnt had chance to set up the mot bay in his new place yet and may not bother

this is the same garage that serviced my runner and didnt change the brake fluid but charged for it
i was an atheist until i realised i am god
Remember its a speed limit not a target

gilera runner vxr200 (chavped)

barryG
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300 SS

Post by barryG »

Andy, just read the last line about them charging you for work not carried out.... why on earth did you go back?

andyscooter
Benefactor

Post by andyscooter »

no choice for mots at the moment

and would of had to pay for a re test if i took bike home to change the bulb myself

i burned my bridges with the only other place round he to work on bikes a few years ago when he charged me over £400 labour to change brake discs
apparently it took ages as one of the bolts rusted in :?

any work i have done gets done by my mate who happens to be a mechanic and has his own buisness but as i said he hasnt had time to set up his mot bay
he is too busy mending bikes to do it :lol:

scorpakid
Current Ride: x8 400i.scorpa125

Post by scorpakid »

no sympathy whatsoever...for any rip off bike shop that goes bust..... any bike shop nowdays should really up their game and change attitudes...£60 an hour labour is something i will NEVER be paying... just sticking a free coffee machine in the corner and having world superbike playing on a telly is utter b.o.l.o.x as well......

surely.... u gotta treat your customers like you value their custom...not just rob them blind if they are mad enough to come through your doors..?

if a customer came in..an had bought a bike from you..and needed a trivial item adjusting or a bulb changing... a little...hold on 5 min's i will get the mechanic to do that for you... for free.... buy a tyre from us an we will heavily discount the fitting..?

is it time for the biking world to have a 'quick fit ' style of shop where you drop in and get stuff done with no old guff..?

victor
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman Exec 650 K9

Post by victor »

totally agree with you Scorpakid somebody will do it eventually!! the only problem is most bikes are just expensive toys for big boys a luxury so they charge !!!!!!

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

I got a pass in 2011 on my MOT despite forgetting to refit the rear mudguard which has the reflector on it, so it should have failed... previous MOT place in 2010 that I took it too said one of the front discs was warped and the dipped headlight spread was dodgy and would need changing by next MOT none of which I did yet when I questioned these things after the scoot being passed in 2011 they said there was nothing wrong with them.

So this April I am definitely going to the less dodgy/picky one but I have since replaced all those things due to wear on the discs and spotting that the mirror backing in the headlight was flaking and will definitely be putting on the rear mudguard.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

scorpakid
Current Ride: x8 400i.scorpa125

Post by scorpakid »

9 times out of 10...i get me new tyres fitted at watling tyres.... they nearly always got a choice in stock...you can drive in...take wheel off yourself if you want and watch them fit new tyre...or pay them about £12 to remove wheel..(some scoots might be more coz exhaust off etc)... no aggro or devious moneyspinning antics.... they are as close as one can get to a ' quick fit ' for bikes at the minute..they also do pad changing, chain an sprockets an m.o.t's if you want that service....(chain an sprock fitting was dear tho)..

bike shops have got to go back to reality and offer more...instead of rubbing their hands together in readiness to fleece todays ignorant fashion biker who knows very little about their weekend toy... no sympathy for any of em whining... they been taking £300+ for helmets and £80+for gloves for years well overpriced..

i just hope the mainstream press do not get their hands onto scootering..they will probably mess that up too

andyscooter
Benefactor

Post by andyscooter »

the place i had to use doesnt sell bikes so relys on brake downs really

mind you when i was there a bloke came in and asked for them to change a bulb on his bmw tourer thing it was an indicator aswell with two screws in it