silver wing testride

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
terryvanman
Benefactor

silver wing testride

Post by terryvanman »

I took my SH300 in for a service today. When I went to pick it up the guy offered me a test ride on a demo Silver Wing,,,,I now hate the man,,after a very short ride [10 mins] I wanted one, the comfort, the speed, the pick up, the way even a short arse like me can plant your feet down and with the low centre of gravity makes the a very nice scooter,,,,,but over £6000 it will take a lot of thinking about..
Dear God,
Please send clothes for all those poor ladies
in Daddy's computer. Amen

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Re: silver wing testride

Post by Dave Weller »

They are a very good scooter, but now a slow seller, you can get one for £4600 with less than 1000 miles from a main Honda dealer.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

PH Motorcycles in Crawley have a new black coloured one at £5495.00
I was nearly tempted myself, but waiting to see how I get on with a test ride on the BMW 650GT which I have 'penciled' in for March 24th, this being the latest date my local BMW Motorrad dealer has advised.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

I don't regret having bought mine although I have replaced the windscreen - the stock one is inadequate! :)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

for me the silver wing is perfect for comfort an long distance touring,,BUT however it really depends on your riding style..if your very sencible never take any risks or speed,fine no worries.but if you like to press on an give it some now an then , i'd think again,i'd been told before there unstable at speed ,and there not wong,my words would be differant though"fucking dangerous" would be my words.it tie's itself in knots on bends.mine on one occation set into such a weave i was on wrong side of road and nearly hit kerb..only just stopping the weave before chucking me off,,and that god nothing coming the other way....hence i got rid of it ..and got something much more capable of coping with my stlye of riding.
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

barryG
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300 SS

Post by barryG »

I did like the power of the Silverwing but just couldnt get comfy on one. Also, I did find the higher speed stuff a little scary whereas my Burgman 400 seems more stable.

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

I can't say I've found my Silverwing unstable at speed - 80+MPH on French motorways - but then I stick to the speed-limits.
'Pressing on' for the sake of it has never appealed to me.
If I went so fast that I was at the point of losing control I'd blame myself, not the bike.
For me, and for me alone, the expression: 'The bad workman always blames his tools' would be applicable TO ME in this case.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

What the fcuks a lardass Burgman 650, it's a moped compared to a Pan-European,
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I had a brief ride of a Silverwing, and it wasn't for me. It does go rather well, but the suspension was tieing itself in knots on the - admittedly appallingly surfaced - back roads of Darlington, and out of town, I found it didn't give me much feel round corners. It also seemed remarkably cramped for a such a big scooter.
It had the optional (too) high screen fitted - quiet, but it was a hot day and I was dying for a bit more fresh air!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Dave Weller wrote:What the fcuks a lardass Burgman 650, it's a moped compared to a Pan-European,
Thats true...though I did come to regard the Big Burger as an Pan Euro disguised as a scooter!