Check out this near crash video...

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Ginger Phil
Benefactor

Check out this near crash video...

Post by Ginger Phil »

Jag owner is a bit of a tit don't you think?

Zed
Current Ride: Trek 7300

Re: Check out this near crash video...

Post by Zed »

Yes very twatty.

Ignoring the road position of the scooter rider (leaving a gap to be overtaken), and the fact he could of been more careful with lane control before and in the roundabout the Jaaaaaag driver overtook in what looks like a single lane carriageway, and hit another motorist which he should have been able to avoid. He then braked very sharply after the collision, instead of slowing down and stopping further up.

The verbal trades distract the incident, which looks to be the Jaaaaaaag's fault.

victor
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman Exec 650 K9

Post by victor »

the jag driver could get done for the abusive behavior after slamming on his brakes jaaag at fault

visfix
Benefactor
Current Ride: 06 Aprilia Atlantic Sprint 500

Post by visfix »

Personally, I'd let it get to court, and then produce the video footage. The Jaaaaaag driver was defo in the wrong.
Non Timetis Messor!

RIP Pepsi

Gio
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by Gio »

Discounting the fact the Jag driver had no regard for the novice rider, I cannot believe the poor police response after the lad was hit by a car overtaking when there was insufficient room (or perhaps insufficient brain cells in the Jag drivers head).
Many years ago I learned that in such circumstances where the fault was not mine, I would state that there had been an injury because then the police will attend the incident and it should be processed properly.

mightbesane
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K4

Post by mightbesane »

As I posted on youtube, in the Colonies we're not legally allowed to filter except in California. I think that filtering, although perfectly logical for a variety of reasons, both creates an atmosphere of competition with cage riders and a belief by cage riders that scooters can't 'own' a lane the way cage riders do. That having been said, the Jag was definitely in the wrong and with the video evidence he should be taken down.
Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. ~Frank ZappaImage

masterchop
Current Ride: Burgman K3 400

Post by masterchop »

Total.idiot. i would have finished off his mirrors
Single cylinder rumbler

irev
Current Ride: AN400

Post by irev »

Rider is wearing full face helmet. Jag owner stops in front of scooter. Scooter can make u-turn in less than a Jag's length.

Driver is also Scottish.

I'd have turned the fucking camera off and...
No door is closed to an open mind.
Except a closed door, which a mind can't open, but even a stupid hand can.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Not convinced that the chosen exit is a single lane, it looks to me like two lanes with worn out markings which reduces to a single lane close to the point where both vehicles stop.
The scooter rider's road positioning is very poor, coming off the roundabout he is in the left half of the exit then drifts across to the right.
Jag driver probably p'd off at being held up by slow vehicle, but a roundabout isn't the place to be squeezing past a vulnerable vehicle so fault exists on both sides.
Knock for knock, no injury, let insurers argue the toss, learn from it and move on.