just picked up a foresight....

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
alanduke
Current Ride: 1990 Honda Helix 1999 FES250

just picked up a foresight....

Post by alanduke »

While my Helix is undergoing surgery i just picked up a Foresight 250....

drove it back 25 miles without issue (which is nice).....Silver colour, few scratches but overall decent nick... givi rack and top box.. years mot... and yet again £5 a month insurance....and brakes that actually stop you... tho i do miss the footbrake....i looked like a tapdancer for first few miles...

Totally different driving position , but keeps me on the road.....

Same unexciting performance but lets be honest, if i wanted excitement ib buy a cbr or something....tho this did go over 70 (indicated).. but i suppose if helix manifold is leaking then thats whay it would never go over 67.....

What i plan to do now is take my time fixing the helix up....repaint the frame etc, get the manifold sorted and one or two other little problems then make a decision.... Wont lose money on the foresight as it was a good price....knowing me ill keep them both...

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: just picked up a foresight....

Post by horobags »

come on alan, we want some pics, !! :)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

martb4632
Benefactor
Current Ride: LML Star 150 4 Stroke

Post by martb4632 »

I'm very impressed with my foresight that I picked up on Saturday. It's 12 years old but rides like a 2 year old scoot :) I agree regarding the brakes as I'm used to an LML with a foot brake. I almost rear ended a car that went from 60 mph to 0 mph in a few seconds when it's driver realised he had missed his turning at the last minute :o

Pressing hard on the right footboard obviously had zero effect on my rate of deceleration :!: and luckily there was nothing coming in the opposite direction so I swerved on to the opposite side of the road avoiding a very painful and expensive accident.

Thats not the bikes fault but mine and since then I've stayed off the LML to get used to riding an auto again.

alanduke
Current Ride: 1990 Honda Helix 1999 FES250

Post by alanduke »

Impressed so far...

have to laugh at people saying " thats a big scooter"... but because i am used to the laid back approach of the helix, i feel like an Elephant on a monkey bike riding the Foresight.

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

The Police in Bruges and Ostend (probably in other places in the region, too) use them.
Got a picture somewhere - I'll dig it out.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch