What have you done to your Scooter today?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Squid
Current Ride: AN400K6

Re: What have you done to your Scooter today?

Post by Squid »

The Burgman 400 of a London courier I know has now consumed three starter motors, that have so far been replaced with standard parts, albeit secondhand as new ones are an eye watering £350. My previous Burg suffered the same and I've dealt with a number of others too, also a bit of internetting suggests that weak starter motors are a not unusual failing of the 400 Burgman, so I decided that a more convincing (and cost effective) solution was needed.
To this end I have discovered that, with some modification, an SV650 starter motor can be fitted to a Burgman 400, and it is clear that the SV starter spins the Burg motor in a manner that the original never did, cold starts in particular are significantly snappier.

I did the original swap on the courier machine, which can do a dozen or sometimes twenty starts a day. My Burg's starter is fine but I'm going to swap that too, even if mine never fails, there is a marked improvement in starting that I think is worthwhile.

SkuTorr
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax Mk3

Post by SkuTorr »

Pulled off the rear wheel on the Tmax today and replaced the rear disc and put in a new set of malossi sintered pads. Love 'em!

Nice test ride today. Sunny and 86 degrees here. B-r-r-r-r, February...
2009 Tmax with OODLES of upgrades!
2009 Majesty 400 (sold)
2007 Aprilia Mojito 150 (sold)

SkuTorr
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax Mk3

Post by SkuTorr »

My wheel enjoyed it...
2009 Tmax with OODLES of upgrades!
2009 Majesty 400 (sold)
2007 Aprilia Mojito 150 (sold)

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

:lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Cookie
Benefactor
Current Ride: SilverWing - PCX - C90

Post by Cookie »

Dismantled and cleaned the CVT transmission on the Silverwing today. I fitted new Polini rollers in the variator. They were cheaper than Honda ones but not as cheap as the unknown ones available on eBay so, hopefully, they'll be ok. They were actually 1g heavier than the originals (29g instead of 28g) so it'll be interesting to see what or if there is any noticeable difference.
I removed the rear driven pulley and re-greased the bearings inside it.
Put it all back together and torqued up the nuts at both pulleys. Haven't taken it for a ride yet but it's a job I've been meaning to do for a while.
It's nice working on something when you don't need it for work the next day. It means that if you get fed up you can just leave it for another day.

Richard
Current Ride: Nss300

Post by Richard »

After near two week wait for screen....finally arrived.

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Awesome Richard, where did you get the anti-gravity machine?

Richard
Current Ride: Nss300

Post by Richard »

Thats why I had to wait for it.....came from a far off galaxy.

Even sranger....when I view on my ipad it is the right way !

Tone
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda fjs Silverwing A7 ABS

Post by Tone »

Saturday - had the new tyre put on the rear wheel and then spent the afternoon getting it back on the bike and ready to ride. Sunday - filled the rear tyre with 'puncture safe' and was going to do the front one but found it already done when I extracted the valve. Pumped up the tyres and checked the oil.
Went for a ride. After about fifteen miles I suddenly realised I had not tightened the exhaust clamp bolts with the torque wrench, so went home and did it!
Yesterday had a super circular ride around North Warwickshire - up to Athelstone on the A5 and then across to Leicester via Bosworth and back through Lutterworth, about eighty miles in all.

maxsymiser
Current Ride: Honda X-ADV750

Post by maxsymiser »

Ordered and had delivered a fuel pump for my 2011 T Max three weeks ago and got round to fitting today and after stripping panels and removing pump came to fit new pump when yes they had sent wrong one, the one with the longer output pipe, so have now to wait for pump exchanging, sod it