What have you done to your Scooter today?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
BenR
Current Ride: Aprilia Atlantic sprint 500

Re: What have you done to your Scooter today?

Post by BenR »

Fitted a new swingarm with a proper silent block the bike now feels more stable & the engine doesn't wobble/slap around. Also tried to fit a new generator only to find I can't get the screws out half of them are rounded off so will need to drill them all out, I'll just have to continue on a bike that only does 40mph a bit longer. Why on earth don't they grease stuff at the factory??? I'll never buy another aprilia ever absolute female pudenda of a bike!

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

I did a dry run to fit a different exhaust pipe .i think it's in keeping with the lines of the Bike . One reason to remove the arrow can and original bracketry is that just the massive oe fittings to mount the can weigh over 4kg then the pipe at 4kg + . With my other weight saving removals I will end up loosing 25 kg . Just got to get the tubing fabricated now .

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

ZX?

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

Yes zx ,I chose the squarer outlet version as it's shaping I felt was more I keeping with the angular styling and also if I needed to modify it for sound / noise reasons I can easily compared to the later spec round flush ended version . I will post a sound lip when all fitted . I am also going to wrap the down pipes mainly to reduce the under seat temperature . The other option I was going to fit was the later square type blade can but it was far too noisy .

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Changed the engine oil on "Mr T". Waxoyled frame members and radiator brackets, engine cases etc. on n/s.
Painted exhaust pipes with Halfords "High temperature" disappearing black paint..again. :)

Redvision95
Current Ride: Elyseo 125

Post by Redvision95 »

Looked at it and said "not today" :roll: Maybe when my heated grips arrive :lol:

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Redvision95 wrote:Looked at it and said "not today" :roll: Maybe when my heated grips arrive :lol:
Even with heated grips it wasn't great, I forgot my Oxford neck thingy and it felt like my head was about to detach :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Redvision95

Post by Redvision95 »

Funkycowie wrote:
Redvision95 wrote:Looked at it and said "not today" :roll: Maybe when my heated grips arrive :lol:
Even with heated grips it wasn't great, I forgot my Oxford neck thingy and it felt like my head was about to detach :lol:
Ive only just ordered a pair of winter gloves and a neck warmer :roll: so when they all arrive it'll feel luxurious to me :lol: :lol: Ive been riding with summer gloves in the freezing cold and it isnt nice :lol: One look at how shiny the road was and that was it, Im not riding if I dont HAVE to :roll: :D Ill also note that its my first winter riding in four years, so im still learning :lol: thats my excuse and im sticking to it :roll: :lol:

Redvision95

Post by Redvision95 »

Started to tinker under the seat (just fitting a LED strip so it comes on when the seat opens) and somehow locked my keys under the seat :oops: Got my lock pick set out and got it open again :D

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

I have one here Meldrew, i think i bought it around 3 years ago..still on the hanger and not yet been used, i bought it as a birthday pressy to myself three February's ago :oops: Must get around to fitting a plug on the cord. It has the one that it came with but i tend to use the DIN plugs and sockets as i find they stay put.
Lyn.