What have you done to your Scooter today?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Re: What have you done to your Scooter today?

Post by Pukmeister »

Fitted a set of Oxford heated grips to the Tmax ready for the winter commute. With the Shad muffs my hands should be toasty warm in summer gloves.

barker
Benefactor
Current Ride: gilera nexus

Post by barker »

thought as it was blue sky and no rain to get all my bikes out check there oil and antifreeze then pump the tyres up before starting them up and running them for 20 minutes while I drank a cop of tea no funny rattles so put them back in the garage

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

Yesterday was an early ride with wifey on the back down to Southsea Common to help out with the Royal British Legion Riders Memorial service. A short though interesting ride as it was the first time wifey has been on the back since I uprated the rear suspension and put the Avons on. About 4’c and damp roads for the trip down there made some of my lines ‘interesting’.
Going home after dealing with the 1100 who turned up was far nicer as it had warmed up to about 10’c but was dry and sunny. Bike is still a bit waggly but did not grind anything this time around so happier with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Handed my Tmax over to my favorite mechanic for a new clutch.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Well came out to do a bit of Christmas shopping and the TMax wouldn't start, despite using it yesterday (although for a short trip)
Out came the spare battery and emergency jump start kettle lead, a quick prod and off it went. I've left it with my Optimate running on an extension.
I was wondering, are there any consequences to using a battery with a higher Ah rating? I've got a battery from my SV1000 which is 12 Ah and I think would fit the TMax. Besides maybe not charging fully are there any dangers such as burning out the alternator or reg/rec? ( I think the standard TMax battery is 8.2 Ah.)

chris
Current Ride: 2011 Sym Symply 50

Post by chris »

Yesterday I uncovered the bike for the first time in 2 weeks, gave it the once over and went for the start :o , after a bit of coaxing and patience away she went without the need for any external aids, happy boy :D well worth buying the cover just before we went away. Today I will mostly be getting back to the commute, be nice to give her a proper run.
Racking up the miles...............slowly!! icon_moped.gif :lol:

Globs
Current Ride: Piaggio X10 350

Post by Globs »

2wheelover51 wrote:I was wondering, are there any consequences to using a battery with a higher Ah rating? I've got a battery from my SV1000 which is 12 Ah and I think would fit the TMax. Besides maybe not charging fully are there any dangers such as burning out the alternator or reg/rec? ( I think the standard TMax battery is 8.2 Ah.)
It will charge fully, if it was mine and I could fit a bigger battery in I would.

2wheelover51

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Thanks Globs. That's very useful to know.

abitmad

Post by abitmad »

There might be a problem with using a higher capacity battery than stock, depending on your use of the bike. It will take longer for the alternator to charge it so if you mainly do short journeys it may never be fully charged. If then you don't use an external battery charger to regularly bring it up to full charge, it is very likely that the battery won't last anywhere near as long as you might expect because failing to fully charge a battery is a sure way to shorten its life quite a bit.

That can also happen with the stock battery but using a higher capacity one increases that likelihood.

If you do a fair amount of longer journeys though, or regularly use a charger, it should not be a problem.

2wheelover51

Post by 2wheelover51 »

I did suspect that it wouldn't fully charge on my short trip usage. As long as it's only the battery which suffers and not the rest of the wiring, reg/rec etc. I do keep said battery on an Optimate though so that's unlikely to happen. :?
Because I've got two bikes neither of them do significant mileage so I'm going to run trickle charges out to both of them.