What have you done to your Scooter today?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Re: What have you done to your Scooter today?

Post by phantom309 »

treated myself to hand guards and the latest oxford heated grips ..
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

beow
Current Ride: XMAX 400

Post by beow »

Took the xmax for a spin to the Old Town of Stockholm yesterday, while the weather was dry. Easy to find parking this time of the year... :)

(not sure how to embed pictures the right way...awful long links with google photos)

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Do not know what scooter/motorbike theft is like over there but you would not have any chance of your scooter still being there when you got back if you parked up like that in the UK. Minimum 3 locks required and at least two of those around something immovable. Even then I would not feel comfortable leaving it.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

beow
Current Ride: XMAX 400

Post by beow »

You're probably right but I'm been lucky so far. Using a screaming disc lock when I'm stopping for a short time and a good chain otherwise. But scooters are not that common or desired up here. MCs and maybe TMAXes , like the poor guy in London yesterday, but knock on wood, hope to keep mine for a while...

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Not my scooter, but I went to my local cruiser dealer(Metric Cruisers) and got a really great deal on a set of "saddle bags" (leather panniers) rear trunk, tool roll (goes on front forks), best of all a great windscreen which gives amazing protection and looks really great on the Shadow. All good second hand gear. I saved almost £400 over buying new, I'm really pleased with it. I never thought I'd put anything with tassles on one of my bikes, but this stuff really looks the part. I have to say I'm "well pleased" :lol:

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Purchased a new drive belt rollers and sliders from makina parts in greece - €107.58 delivered to my front door - also purchased two litres of castrol coolant from amazon £11.99 delivered to my front door - happy chap

Symcity
Benefactor

Post by Symcity »

Meldrew wrote:Err... I don't understand this happy chappy stuff, just about everything you order online these days is delivered to your front door.
Thought I was having a stress free day then Meldrew comes along and spoils it :kiss:

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

I lost my motorway virginity with a blast along the M5. Great for getting from A to B but I suspect I will be sticking mainly to the byways. I felt perfectly safe and the SH300 was up to it but it was just noisy and boring.

Symcity
Benefactor

Post by Symcity »

rayb wrote:I lost my motorway virginity with a blast along the M5. Great for getting from A to B but I suspect I will be sticking mainly to the byways. I felt perfectly safe and the SH300 was up to it but it was just noisy and boring.
Well done that man - next you’ll be doing the Deutsche autobahn - stick in a pair of earplugs if you find the motorways noisy

Symcity
Benefactor

Post by Symcity »

Checked the MOT history online - between July 16 and July 17 I covered 5001 miles - from July 11 to June 15 the previous owner covered 549 miles - Jesus I got a bargain