What have you done to your Scooter today?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Re: What have you done to your Scooter today?

Post by Z750Jay »

Did a second wash on the Burg last night mostly concentrating on the bits I had missed the other night. The other night changed its status from a moving health violation to that of gopping, while last nights work transformed it to just dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

I've removed the touring screen and hand guards for the summer, to give me a cooling flow of air on the go - it's worked and made riding in this heat tolerable.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

SH125 @ just over 20,000 miles...
Took the front calipers off, pads nearly down to the backing... Rears still had a little left...
As i always try to keep a set of pads on the shelf, so caliper clean and new pads fitted front and rear.
And another set of EBC pads F and R ordered from ebay... £15...

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Post by Pukmeister »

Stripped the front end off the Tmax and fabricated a satnav bracket for an old Tomtom Rider unit I have kicking around (I use a Garmin Zumo 660 on my GSA). Also fitted a fused DIN mini power socket in the glovebox to charge phones, run my airman tyre pump and allow a CTEK battery tender to plug straight in if needed.

After much welding, painting and faffing about I got it all fitted, wired from a relay triggered by the sidelight, only to find the screen pushed down on the satnav interrupting the power pins.
Took it all apart again, hacksawed the bracket and mig welded it in a new position, rattle can painted and reinstalled. Jobs a good 'un.

Need a cold beer now and something to eat.

bn1966
Current Ride: Vespa GTV 300 SG

Post by bn1966 »

Scorpion pipe added..beefy sounding Vespa GTV SG now, Cuppini Screen..better airflow & Cuppini back-rest, Wife shouldn't fall off :-)

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Topped up the engine oil - cleaned it thoroughly - looks pristine for a seven year old scooter

Generalpurpose

Post by Generalpurpose »

washed and ready for MOT tomorrow Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

john freeman
Current Ride: sh300+innova

Post by john freeman »

Fitted a Pyramid Plastics Fenda Extenda to my year old SH300. Had to balance my wife on the rear carrier to lift the front wheel high enough, and even then found refitting the front wheel a struggle. Then, when out for a short spin (wife now off carrier!), found the Extenda scraping the plastic radiator cover when braking hard with front brake, The Extenda was sold as 06 onwards (and cost £17.49 for a piece of plastic). Anyone else had experience of fitting one of these to an SH?

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

john freeman wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:36 am Fitted a Pyramid Plastics Fenda Extenda to my year old SH300. Had to balance my wife on the rear carrier to lift the front wheel high enough, and even then found refitting the front wheel a struggle. Then, when out for a short spin (wife now off carrier!), found the Extenda scraping the plastic radiator cover when braking hard with front brake, The Extenda was sold as 06 onwards (and cost £17.49 for a piece of plastic). Anyone else had experience of fitting one of these to an SH?
There's been several instances of pyramid extenders hitting bodywork under braking (X-ADV on ADV forum) pyramid deny this buy eventually agreed an issue and refunded monies as I recall.

I don't think the Chinese company making on their behalf retool each model

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Post by Pukmeister »

Did an oil and oil/air filter service on my Mk3 and changed the spark plugs then checked throttle balance. What a PITA having to undo so many screws and remove panels to get the spark plugs out. I guess I am spoilt having a boxer twin as my other bike which is exposed and easy to get to.