What have you done to your Scooter today?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Re: What have you done to your Scooter today?

Post by The Bern »

Meldrew (hi bud) is becoming a Ninja, I'm thinking of getting a hill billy bike ...................

Have wheels, will travel :D

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Put it away in the corner and got the noisey toy out (Harley) as it's a week day :roll: and need to remember how to use gears again :o

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Quick dash to the supermarket yesterday for BBQ supplies...

No film for the way back... That would of been incriminating as I got a move on :twisted:

2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Post by Whatsisname »

I left the Burgman neglected while I had a test ride on a wee Yamaha Tricity. I was quite optimistic that I'd get on with the quirky two wheel steering, and that was great, rock solid on corners, but oddly the quite heavy to push around scoot felt very light and skittish in a straight line. It might have been the change from almost reclining on the Burgman to sit up and beg on the Tricity, but at least there was room for my 33" inside leg. The mirrors were horrible, there just wasn't a position where I could see round my bulk sufficiently, and the rear suspension gave a very harsh ride, jarring my sylph-like 18st at every crack in the tarmac. It did take off from the lights very well, but acceleration was sluggish at higher speeds.
It's a shame because I wanted to like it better. The Burg was sniggering in the garage when I got back!
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

I nipped out on the J300 with Pat on the back...she likes the pillion seat, but ow! how the pillion upsets the other-wise excellent handling. BTW, Pat is not a big girl..only went to get some under coat and top coat for Pat to do a spot of painting...the strange lady enjoys it icon_scratch.gif
each to their own i spose :lol: still not done a 1000 miles on it yet :o

StevenM
Benefactor

Post by StevenM »

kayz1 wrote:I nipped out on the J300 with Pat on the back...she likes the pillion seat, but ow! how the pillion upsets the other-wise excellent handling. BTW, Pat is not a big girl..only went to get some under coat and top coat for Pat to do a spot of painting...the strange lady enjoys it icon_scratch.gif
each to their own i spose :lol: still not done a 1000 miles on it yet :o
I did 300 of them cough *cough * :lol: :lol:

Great scoot though

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

:D :D

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

Had a well earned rest day as some idiot decided to park his van on the pavement in front of the house last night and I could not get the Burg out of the front garden. Had to go find where I had left the car last week and take that to work. Happily the van had gotten a parking ticket so Khama was in action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Sent off to Mot A Bike for two new tyres. Back done 5500 (compared to 9000 road runner done on the original), front has lasted 14500 miles/4 years.

£80 plus fitting and VAT for Bridgestone Battalax.

Also getting the offside suspension adjuster unseized while its in.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Met up with Mottza, roadrunner, scootypuff at the Grt Bentley bike night last night. Good to see Scootypuff's Harley. Very nice but I'm deaf now from the pipes it had on! Roger's (roadrunner) Sym 600i looked great in white and Mottza had I think cleaned his Forza (am I right?). Obviously, my GTS300 Vespa was the best bike there and cleaner too!...:lol: Last night there were more scooter present than for a few weeks, both old and new, very pleasing. The great thing about Bentley is that you can talk to anyone no matter what bike they own and everyone seems to respect you and your bike and are very pleased to tell you about their machine.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...