What have you done to your Scooter today?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Generalpurpose

Re: What have you done to your Scooter today?

Post by Generalpurpose »

nicely spotted. have corrected it now...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

Last week, Sunday, on the ride back from a sausage sarnie i noticed the headlight bulb out on the XMax (again)
On the way home from work Friday... Yep... Noticed the Headlight bulb out on the SH (again)
So today has been a trip to halfords and a plastic fantastic remove and replace extravaganza...
Gone are the days of simple headlight bulb replacement...
It was a pain in the garage (plastic locating tags, self tapping screws, and bannanas for fingers) never mind attempting it at the roadside.

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

Fitted some Lyn bits ..... & then there was light :)
Have wheels, will travel :D

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Fitted new bars, mirrors and tail tidy on the Benelli!
Dezzie

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Replaced bulbs for head lights and side lights, one side light had gone and the H7 had gone as well, so likely will all have gone shortly so replaced the lot with the same Osram nightbreakers. Sure they don't last as long as standard but I will get more light at night over the coming winter.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Took the front calipers off "Mr T", removed pads and cleaned out with brake cleaner, wiped exposed pistons with ACF50, replaced. I have new pads ready to put in but the old ones are taking their time to wear out! (like my tyres...) Thinks: Will put them on at 12,000 mile service.
Strangely nearside pads have worn more than offside, but both still have probably 3mm left.
Guess I'm a bit like the woman in the McDonalds ad wearing her wedding dress for work.. :? :) :roll:

Steevw
Current Ride: Burgman 125

Post by Steevw »

Sold it a couple of weeks ago because I couldn't be arsed mending it. Now I'm in complete indecision about what to get next.
Gone for a counselling session with Prof Burgman. icon_maxi_scoot.gif

2wheelover51

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Waxoyled the underside of the Shadow and filled in the "extra" exhaust holes the previous owner had thoughtfully added, with screw in plasterboard fittings and painted over them with HR paint. Borrowed a friends compressor ready to fit the new tyres to "Mr T".
With the compressor sitting on my coffee table I can't fail to notice it in the morning and get stuck in! :o :)

2wheelover51

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Well I managed to fit the new front tyre but scratched the rim in the process, being on the final "bite" and having no space to get a rim protector in I took a chance and would have been ok if the lever hadn't slipped. The air was blue.. :? Greased the wheel bearings and checked the speedo drive which was all ok.
Put the front back on and as I'm doing the mudguard up remembered I'd forgotten to balance the wheel.. doh.
Took off the rear and started to get the old tyre off the rim, but each time I used the bead breaker it would come off but go back on further aound. :evil: After another hour of cursing and sweating regreased the bearings and decided to give up on the tyre and take it to the bike shop and let them do it and dispose of my old tyres. I think my tyres have been on for so long they've hardened up making the job more difficult.. that's my excuse anyway. ;) Needless to say I'll be selling the Abba tyre fitting kit.. :? :lol:

2wheelover51

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Well my local bike shop took off the old rear tyre and fitted the new one. When I asked if it had come off easily he said it had been "a right barstard and in the end it had taken three of them to get it off! Makes me feel a little better anyway.
"Mr T" feels nimble and accurate with the new Dunlops on. Must put a post-it on my speedo so I remember! :?