What have you done to your Scooter today?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Re: What have you done to your Scooter today?

Post by mottza »

Booked it in for two new tyres. Rear lasted for 5k front 14.5k.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Meldrew wrote:Too much information, not enough I'd say. A GP or practice nurse may have a quick look at your ears on a routine surgery visit, but have you had a recent hearing test, or had an audiologist show you the current condition of your ear canals.

I'd say that almost everyone on this forum will have some form of hearing damage or tinnitus caused by years of long term exposure to excessive levels of wind and engine noise inside a crash helmet

I've had tinnitus for many years, being completely unaware of the condition when I started motorcycling and for many years afterwards. Like everyone else I knew back then we thought wearing a helmet was sufficient protection.

Later all those years of wearing disposable foam plugs for protection but in reality were painful to wear for more than short periods, didn't work at all if they weren't inserted 100% correctly, or were difficult to remove if pushed in too far. Unless you carried spare new sets,you'd have to reuse them and they hardly ever worked a second time. They could up dirt from your fingers, get ear wax on them etc, you couldn't wash them etc.

Sadly once you get tinnitus it's a permanent condition, and this ringing in my ears isn't ever going to go away. So apart from maxi riding, I wear my custom ear plugs on overnight ferries, long and short haul flights, music concerts, in fact anywher wher I'm exposed to long periods of excessive noise.
You can always make some "Ear Wax Candles" if you can get enough of it! They may not look attractive, but they work. :lol: And yes, many of us on here will have some hearing damage from biking (and other things) and we don't know it. By the time we get to 40 we are already starting to lose some of the upper frequencies and it carries on getting worse as we get older.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Pardon :kiss:
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

Generalpurpose

Post by Generalpurpose »

tried green laning on my Forza on the local byways. it's surprisingly easy but the track is bone dryImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

After cleaning most of the paint off my garage floor, I then washed my scooter and cleaned a few splashes of emulsion off of the wheels.

Tracer
Current Ride: V clic

Post by Tracer »

I installed a Datatool Uno immobiliser, not done this before so took a while, but all working now so quite pleased.

ChevySoul
Current Ride: Yamaha Xmax 300

Post by ChevySoul »

Busy day today. Fitted Xmax foot plates and a Datatool Evo alarm. The alarm is bloody loud! Ended up with the front side panel ejecting itself off the scoot whilst trying to install the alarm. Result, one scratched panel :roll: Anyone know the best way to touch up the Matt Blue paintwork?
ImageImage

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Washed and removed dead flies - now 2kg lighter so should improve performance

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

+1 symcity.

totally removed the screen & all the illegal immigrant French flys & assorted bug life that hitched back to England.

However sad it's nice that there is still wild insects to strike in France unlike the desolate wastelands of East Anglia.

Can also proudly say that the X-ADV held it's own in an ecleptic mix of bikes but won't do more than 100mph :shock: and bugger me it's a heavy beast to 74 point turn after the twat nav sent me down a closed of street no wider than a pavement :oops:

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Was going to take it to Bentley... But the son wanted to come.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125