What have you done to your Scooter today?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: What have you done to your Scooter today?

Post by horobags »

road runner wrote:Purchased a mint condition Maxsym 600i which I collect on Friday. I did have some reservations about getting the scooter, as dealers are thin on the ground. However, although they no longer hold a Sym franchise, the dealer assured me that they can provide all necessary parts and carry out any service required. I was already familar with the 600i and the part-ex offered against my Fazer 1000 was more than acceptable. Also, significant saving over the Cruisym 300 that I was also considering. Only time will tell if all stacks up as I am hoping, as it has been purchased specifically with touring.
nice one Roger, there were two 600's at Cosford on sunday, really nice scoots, just make sure you acf-50 the exhaust, the rest looks as good as Honda build.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

horobags wrote:
road runner wrote:Purchased a mint condition Maxsym 600i which I collect on Friday. I did have some reservations about getting the scooter, as dealers are thin on the ground. However, although they no longer hold a Sym franchise, the dealer assured me that they can provide all necessary parts and carry out any service required. I was already familar with the 600i and the part-ex offered against my Fazer 1000 was more than acceptable. Also, significant saving over the Cruisym 300 that I was also considering. Only time will tell if all stacks up as I am hoping, as it has been purchased specifically with touring.
nice one Roger, there were two 600's at Cosford on sunday, really nice scoots, just make sure you acf-50 the exhaust, the rest looks as good as Honda build.
Cheers Mark, I will keep an eye on the exhaust but it can't be as bad as the Vespa GTS which has lost a fair bit of its black coating which I may have to address before it's sold.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

rr, nice one mate! Maxsym's are brilliant. I wanted one a while back but changed my mind for lots of reasons, none of which were because of anything bad concerning the bike. So, your GTS exhaust has shed some paint eh? Mines ok as yet.

Are you going to come to Bentley one Wednesday night on one of the bikes? I've been a couple of times already and both nights had a good crowd and nice selection of bikes and a great replica Porche. Food was great too! Had some great conversations. You could show me yours and I'll show you mine!! :lol:

Wrong place to ask but anyone else coming to Bentley in the next week or two?
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

blimey you don't hang about only spoke Saturday .
Nice one looming forward to seeing it.

@Data forgot all about Bentley meet night. might try this week but going with a mate to Newmarket HD to test ride a glide trike (for him bit I can play to)

road runner
Benefactor

Post by road runner »

Scootypuff snr wrote:
blimey you don't hang about only spoke Saturday .
Nice one looming forward to seeing it.

@Data forgot all about Bentley meet night. might try this week but going with a mate to Newmarket HD to test ride a glide trike (for him bit I can play to)
Sent you a PM.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Chopped a spare 750X side stand down 15mm to fit the new low rear end on the X-ADV..now not as vertical as it was :lol: may stand a chance of being on said stand and not on it's side when i return to it :D

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Data wrote:
Wrong place to ask but anyone else coming to Bentley in the next week or two?
I'm going down there tomorrow
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Mottza, Scootypuff, I'll be on my GTS 70TH Anniversary model, bright silver. I normally park the opposite side of the field to the pub. Somewhere near the food vans. I wear me underpants over my trousers, and of course I'm the tall Simon Templar type. Halo keeps slipping! I'm there from 7 onwards trying to intimidate the Harley owners!! :o what bikes are you guys likely to be on.

rr, are you coming over?
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

I'll be on the Forza
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

road runner
Benefactor

Post by road runner »

Data wrote:Mottza, Scootypuff, I'll be on my GTS 70TH Anniversary model, bright silver. I normally park the opposite side of the field to the pub. Somewhere near the food vans. I wear me underpants over my trousers, and of course I'm the tall Simon Templar type. Halo keeps slipping! I'm there from 7 onwards trying to intimidate the Harley owners!! :o what bikes are you guys likely to be on.

rr, are you coming over?
Hi Data, I will try and make it and will be on the Vespa!