What have you done to your Scooter today?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
kishan

Re: What have you done to your Scooter today?

Post#2121 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:52 am

its been covered since the snow fall haha
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

phantom309

Post#2122 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:12 am

absolutley nothing for 4 weeks , dam weather is ether freezing /snowing or pouring with rain

2wheelover51

Post#2123 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:10 am

Washed the salt and road muck off "Mr T" after a ride, particularly the centre-stand and brake calipers. Covered back up! It's too cold to ride for pleasure so I'm only using it when I need to. I'm obviously getting soft in my old age.. :)

smeghead
Benefactor

Post#2124 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:11 am

Took it for its first MOT. Passed no advisory's. Blood mentioned headlight was borderline and could do with tweaking down but not bad enough to fail.

Maxi_pete_ii

Post#2125 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Used it for the commute :-)
The slightly warmer weather and the horrendously busy traffic on the M23 towards Gatwick each morning this week, has meant the cover has come off and the SIlverwing has been out to play!!!

2wheelover51

Post#2126 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:45 am

Not my scoot but my Shadow. Fitted a Halfords "Ultra Brillliance" bulb to the headlight to improve the pathetic front light. The pack says 120 % brighter, but looks maybe 20-30 % brighter. I've also adjusted the aim up a little, with the aid of some rags draped over a wheelie bin. Very scientific! :)

2wheelover51

Post#2127 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:11 pm

Managed to keep it upright going over Pooles "twin sails" bridge in storm force winds. Quite exciting! :)

Meldrew
Benefactor

Post#2128 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:31 am

Crap weather with snow earlier, I'm bunged up with a winter cold so I didn't really fancy joining a family visit over to Cheshire today and maybe giving someone else a cold. I've nowhere I want to go on my Silver Wing and I like to use my pushbike for local rides.

So in lieu I've been faffing about installing a Schuberth SC10U intercom to my new Schuberth E1 helmet. It was simple enough to do and looks pretty neat as everything is hidden inside the helmet, even the microphone is discreet.

2wheelover51

Post#2129 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:29 am

Left the cover on my TMax (although it needs a good wash) and took out the Shadow for a cold ride to WH Smiths to get a 2018 diary. Halfway up the road remembered I'd forgotten :? my u lock so did a U-turn :) and promptly dumped it on it's side..
Not sure how it happened I think I just wasn't concentrating. No damage but took a while to coax into life afterwards.

2wheelover51

Post#2130 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:57 am

I finally gave the TMax it's wash and polish. I'm always amazed at how well it shines up. Guess it's down to the quality of the finishes. It's almost 7 years old and still looks like a new one after a bit of TLC. :)

Return to “Maxi Scooter Chat”